Telltale: Produce and sell Banang

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
Please. :]

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I'd buy it
  • edited August 2010
    I would not buy it. I am afraid of the sideeffects of Banang-abuse.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv8P7XGvqTI
  • edited August 2010
    A fun idea, but the shipping costs would get out of the comfort zone for most people outside America. Unless it were powdered Banang; that might actually work.
    I could see it being a big hit as something to hand out at cons though, if they get the unique flavor right.
  • edited August 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    Unless it were powdered Banang; that might actually work.

I had powdered in mind. I should've mentioned that. :]
  • edited August 2010
    You know, banana is my most favorite fruit, and I've been thirsty for a banana flavored soft drink since the day I was born.

Someone has to make it happen.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh yes. Best idea ever! Id buy it! Other companies have made real drinks out of a fictional one, like square enix selling final fantasy potion drinks in Japan and Capcom selling Mega Man E-Tanks, so Telltale selling real Banang = Win. :D
  • edited August 2010
    I always assumed Banang was powdered, a take-off on Tang (which I guess you can get as liquid now, but I remember it as a kid in the 70's when it was only powdered).
  • edited August 2010
    I'd imagine banang would taste like Bannana Nesquick.
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    You know, banana is my most favorite fruit, and I've been thirsty for a banana flavored soft drink since the day I was born.

Someone has to make it happen.

I tasted some banana-flavored soda as a kid, and it was thoroughly vile. It tasted almost entirely unlike real banana, of course. It was more like... I don't know if you have it, but in Sweden there's a "banana"-flavored marshmallow-type candy. It's quite sweet and very artificial, and as I recall it that's pretty much what this soda tasted and smelled like.
  • edited August 2010
    I don't know if you have it, but in Sweden there's a "banana"-flavored marshmallow-type candy.
    I don't know if it still exists, but when I was young(er) I use to eat a "banana"-flavored marshmallow-type candy. It was shaped as a fried egg, and the yolk was chocolate. I really liked it. Hmmm... maybe this afternoon I'll go to the candy shop and see if it still exists...
  • edited August 2010
    I'd buy 50 containers.
  • edited August 2010
    I don't think TTG can produce Banang as a product because, let's face it, powder'd drink mixes are a dime a dozen.

If anything, they should produce the Banang container to compliment their ever-growing kitchen set of merch. :D
  • edited August 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    I don't think TTG can produce Banang as a product because, let's face it, powder'd drink mixes are a dime a dozen.

Buttons are a dime a dozen. Posters are a dime a dozen. What makes them different is their branding. Who cares how common powdered drink mixes are? The fact that it's freakin' Banang is why it's important. But they do need to produce the Banang container for it as well. :)
  • edited August 2010
    How about this?: Telltale includes a small pack of Banang in the DVD/case file, to have their users taste-test then report on the forums if they liked it.
  • edited August 2010
    I've just visited the candy stores on my town, and the "banana-chocolate fried egg" is nowhere to be seen. It seems it doesn't exist anymore.
    It's been a long time since I last saw it, maybe fifteen years or more, and it was in another city. I'll keep searching, maybe I find it again somewhere somewhen.
  • edited August 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I would not buy it. I am afraid of the sideeffects of Banang-abuse.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv8P7XGvqTI

That never gets old. :-)
  • edited August 2010
    They sell banana candy in bakeries in France. They're shaped like bananas (but tiny).
    I used to drink banana juice a lot. That and guava. There was also a medication, which I believe was a worm medication of some sort, that we took every year as a kid so we wouldn't get worms, and it tasted like banana and I LOVED it.
    Everyone else hated it but I adored it. Mmmh.

I also like banana with bread. My dad eats it like that. I know it sounds weird, bu they go well together. As long as it's baguette, and it's fresh, mind you.
    Oh, and bananas flambées are awesome. And banana split was the dessert I always got as a kid if we went to a restaurant.
  • edited August 2010
    I agree with banana flavored juice, or even real banana juice mixed with mango or something.
    But Banang... Dear lord, they banned it off the market for sticking to people's kidneys and causing acid related problems in their stomach. Not that I wouldn't buy it, I'm just saying it's not the kind of product I'd buy for my cousin or grandpa. The fact that people would actually consider buying this hell product, I OBJECT.

But, if Telltale were to say, make a flavor of Banang with mango and watermelon in it; I couldn't say no. But lets not talk about them making Banang... Lets talk about Telltale, and FUDGIE FREEZE!!!!
    Or peanut butter balls, maybe even grog. I'd rather have the later.
  • edited August 2010
    Maybe they can at least get Kool-Aid to make them a special banana flavored edition that's only for the privacy of TTG...

Hell yeah.
  • edited August 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    They sell banana candy in bakeries in France. They're shaped like bananas (but tiny).

LOL, they sell that in here too, everywhere, not just in bakeries. :D
  • edited August 2010
    SlasherMan wrote: »
    LOL, they sell that in here too, everywhere, not just in bakeries. :D

They sell them in stores too, but when you're a kid and can't afford to get a whole bag of candy, bakeries are neat because they sell them individually for like ten cents each. Not just these, but lots of kinds of candy. So the childhood memory for me is going to the bakery and getting, say, 3 bananas, 2 fried eggs and a smurf or a coke bottle (all of these being candy).
  • edited August 2010
    You not talking about those little bannanas that taste like chalk, I could never taste anything that remotely tasted like bannana, it's the sort of candy you feel indifferent about because it has no taste like milk bottles and gummy false teeth.
  • edited August 2010
    You not talking about those little bannanas that taste like chalk, I could never taste anything that remotely tasted like bannana, it's the sort of candy you feel indifferent about because it has no taste like milk bottles and gummy false teeth.

Agreed. Except those teeth, at least down under, have a nice flavour.
  • edited August 2010
    if they couldn't make it a drink (or powdered stuff) they should make a Banang container coin bank. Oh yeah.
  • edited August 2010
    Im mad at max for ruining this seasons banang gag. I think he is a spy.
  • edited August 2010
    Im mad at max for ruining this seasons banang gag. I think he is a spy.

He is! According to this awesome deviantart drawing. :D

Max_Sappin_My_Dispenser_by_OudieTH.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.