Sam & Max Nook Wallpapers

edited October 2018 in Sam & Max
Howdy!

Today I received a Barnes & Noble Nook which I have already found is far supperior to the Amazon Kindle based upon the single fact that you can customize it with Sam & Max wallpapers/screensavers! :D

Since I spent so much time selecting, downloading, cropping, resizing, and monochrome-izing twelve images, I thought I might share it here in case there are any fellow nook owners around: Download the whole thing as a ZIP

That archive contains eleven screensaver images and one wallpaper, but you can use any of the screensavers as a wallpaper or the other way around.

Although there's no technical difference between a wallpaper and screensaver, you probably wouldn't want to have one of your screensaver photos to be your wallpaper as well. Otherwise you might think that it's locked when it's actually at the home screen and vice-versa.

For the uninitiated, all you have to do is copy "Max's Skull.jpg" from the zip into the "my wallpapers" folder, and the "Sam & Max" folder into the "my screensavers" folder. You can put as many jpegs as you want into the wallpaper folder, but you must choose just one from the settings panel. However you can upload a whole folder full of images into your screen saver folder, and have your nook randomly choose a photo from there to be displayed every time you lock it.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Actually, there is a slight technical difference... A nook wallpaper is 40 pixels shorter to make room for the status bar, at 600x760. It will work at 600x800 (screensaver size), but it's not the best idea - I think it pushes the image down a bit. The height difference is to account for the status bar, if you're wondering.
  • edited August 2010
    Yadda wrote: »
    Actually, there is a slight technical difference... A nook wallpaper is 40 pixels shorter to make room for the status bar, at 600x760. It will work at 600x800 (screensaver size), but it's not the best idea - I think it pushes the image down a bit. The height difference is to account for the status bar, if you're wondering.

Oh yeah, I was wondering how it would deal with that. I had just assumed that it would overlap a bit. For the record, all the images in that ZIP file are 600x800, so they're technically screensavers I guess.
  • edited August 2010
    I never tested running a wallpaper as a screensaver myself, so I dunno what it does. But the official procedure states 600x760, so, eh.

If anyone intends to use these as wallpapers... Crop plz kthxbai. :3
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    This is hilarious. I'm a little surprised that I'm not the only one who made Sam and Max wallpapers for my nook. Ah, internet...

I guess I might as well add my zip to this thread. It's using the one-sheet posters that were done for Sam and Max Season 3. Enjoy!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.