Sam or Max

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
Which character is better, Sam or Max?

Personally, I like Sam better. I love Max with all my heart, but I think a lot of other girls will agree with me on this one.

If they were real-life human guys, Max is the one we'd date because he's fun in a crazy way, but would never get serious with. Sam's the one we'd want to, like, introduce to our parents and stuff. You know. Cue creepy fangirl thought process.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I cannot choose. They both have their good qualities. As far as I'm concerned, you can't have a Sam without a Max, and visa versa.
  • edited August 2010
    If it's a poll for playable character and character I can more associate with, then Sam.
    Wasn't really a fan of the portions where you controlled Max in 303 and 304.

But I'm glad that the votes seem to be quite equal, because Sam isn't Sam without Max and vice versa.
  • edited August 2010
    Sam is the joke and Max is the punch line
    You need both for it to work.
  • edited August 2010
    Together they make up one character, but Sam is my favourite of the two.
  • edited August 2010
    It's a tough call.
    Somebody had to make this poll one day!

I vote Sam.
    I guess I prefer jokes to punchlines, even though they're inseparable...
  • edited August 2010
    After Season 2, I complained about how 1: Sam was just a dog who you played and Max was god of the ocean chimps AND President of the U.S of A. 2: How you weren't allowed to play Max.

Well in Season 3 I got my wish for both things, and although we got to play Max and he was 90% more fun than playing Sam; Sam is just so awesome in this Season. Noir, Sameth, Dogglegangers.... So, the final round up is Sam.
  • edited August 2010
    I like the both of them but Sam's way more cool than Max.
  • edited August 2010
    I like both of them, but to me, Sam has this charm that I just can't seem to ignore. Max is funny and loveable too, but I like Sam more.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh crap I made it 50 50... well I'm sure it'll change but that is pretty interesting XD
  • edited August 2010
    Hey, it's pretty funny to see the got the exact same amount of votes... AGAIN.

After I posted, and now when I re-visit this thread... 50/50.
  • edited August 2010
    Preferences aside, there's a definite rightness to the fact that the vote has once been, and now continues to be, damn near even. Just as it should be when it comes to these two.

Yeah, yeah, I voted for Sam. Always have, always will. Although I'll say there's something about how Telltale have been handling Max's character this season which has raised him in my esteem more than I thought possible. I've always liked him a lot -- especially in the comics -- but after 303 and 304, the word "love" comes to mind with nary a prompt (nor prod, for that matter). That's awesome.
  • edited August 2010
    I certainly like Max better, but Max without Sam is like Costello without Abbott.
  • edited August 2010
    If I had to choose...definitely Max.

Sam's deadpan attitude isn't always to my liking...and I'm probably in the minority here but I really disliked his noir feature.
  • edited August 2010
    As much as I love Max, I have to say that I sympathise with Sam's character a lot more somehow.

So he gets my vote.
  • edited August 2010
    It's true that you can't have Sam without Max attached. Otherwise it wouldn't work. Just like you can't have Max without Sam, because otherwise there's no point. Set-ups are boring and punchlines are meaningless without each other.

But Sam still kicks way more ass. I mean, it's a fact. He's a dog in a suit, what else could you possibly need?
  • edited August 2010
    I love them both!!!! Sam: even in the darkest of times, always manages to keep a cool tone in his voice, and when he goes Noir, he's just a badass!! Max: he's funny, chaotic, and he never misses a cue. They are ideal as a team! but if I must: I vote Max
  • edited August 2010
    I agree with people who say that they are two parts of one character and you can't have one without the other, but I voted for Max because I have been told that I am like him in almost every way. Flattered?
  • edited August 2010
    I also agree with the people who said they're much better together. I did, however, vote Sam because I think he's funny.
  • edited August 2010
    i pick max
  • edited August 2010
    Max, because he doesn't like girls.
  • edited August 2010
    Hail President Max =D
  • edited August 2010
    I picked max because even way back in Hit the Road, Max always struck me as the funnier one...I especially like what happens if you repeatedly tried to use something Sam can't use in Hit the Road: Sam starts whimpering and max gives you a tongue lashing, like you should know better.
  • edited August 2010
    Sam, because we have the same birthday.
  • edited August 2010
    Now, there's a coinkidink.

I almost picked Max at first, just because I used to have a cat named Max and I felt like I must be predisposed to liking him better. Then I realized that was stupid reasoning.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.