A happy ending to my chewed-up dvd woes!

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
I don't know if any of you remember, but a few months back I posted a rather tragic tale about how my dog jumped on a table to grab my newly purchased Sam and Max animated series dvd and shred it into tiny bits, leaving only the sticker and disc 1 unscathed. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't really afford another one for a while. I was very upset. Kinda looking forward to watching it, ya know? What got me worst though was that Steve Purcell has to be one of my favorite artists, and none of the beautiful cover art was left in tact after my dog got through with it. :(

However, my awesome awesome awesome of awesomest of friends, Jon, attended San Diego Comic Con. He's a really talented artist so it was basically a business trip for him getting his name out and networking.

Well, not long after SDCC was my birthday. Check out what he got for me!

samandmaxdvdsigned.jpg

He went out of his way (skipping the Venture Bros panel even....what a guy!) to buy this and get it signed (and he got me some of those neat buttons too!). We watched it together the day he gave it to me. Jon, you rock. Oh and thank you, Mr. Purcell!

Best. Birthday. Ever.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    :eek: Jealous.

Now put it up somewhere high so your dog can't reach it.
  • edited August 2010
    That is awesome! Patience pays off once again! ^_^
  • edited August 2010
    Sweet, not only did you get a new DVD, you got it autographed! Dreams do come true on the Telltale forums!
  • edited August 2010
    Awesome. Hope you enjoy the series! It's very funny. I'm planning to rewatch it sometime soon.
  • edited August 2010
    Ooh, I bet your dog would really love an autographed chew toy. :D
  • edited August 2010
    Awesome! now hide it and get a muzzle for the dog, in case more post arrives you don't want chewed.
  • edited August 2010
    Yep! ^_^ You can bet it's on a very high shelf. Not even the cats have figured out how to get up there yet...only a matter of time though.
  • edited August 2010
    Awww, that's so cool! I'm so happy for you. :)
  • edited August 2010
    Oh my god that's a fantastic gift, I am so jealous!
    Also, what you described in your OP is one of the reasons I don't keep pets, and probably never will...
  • edited August 2010
    My discs have been save from cat-attacks.

Probably a dog-thing... :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.