Sam and Max graphics problem

edited August 2010 in Game Support
When I play SM Season 3 I tend to have a problem where after a period of time of starting the game, the graphics will slow down and become choppy. The audio is unaffected but it makes it hard to play the game. The only way I have found to temporarily fix the problem is to reset my computer and it will work fine for a little while and then will act up again. I have the graphics settings at 9 and it works fine for the short time it works. I have tried changing resolution and graphics settings but that does not work. Please help.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Also, a side note. I have only played the first 2 episodes but the problem is much more prevalant in episode 2.
  • edited August 2010
    Did you try playing it at a low resolution and graphics setting in windowed mode? (press Alt+Enter to go to windowed mode) What system are you using?
  • edited August 2010
    Yes, I have tried using windowed mode and it does not change. I am using Windows 7.
  • edited August 2010
    Try reinstalling the game, or run it in compatability mode for Windows Vista or XP.
  • edited August 2010
    I have reinstalled it and it did nothing and when I try to run it in compatability mode it says that it cannot run.
  • edited August 2010
    I think I may have found the problem. I have noticed that this problem (as far as I remember) occurs only during the journey back home segment so it might be a bug with the game.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    It's less a glitch and more of a "too much stuff going on" problem. Sounds like your computer is either running out of memory or your video card is becoming too taxed. At any rate, the best you can do for both of those is to run at the lowest possible graphics setting in full screen mode with as many other programs turned off as humanly possible.
  • edited August 2010
    You know, running it at quality setting 9 is proven to be "totally pushing it" by most computers.

Mine can't handle more than 3 actually...
  • edited August 2010
    The only thing is that the game will work fine at the highest settings for anywhere between 10 minutes and 2 hours. I also don't think I have a lot of other programs running in the background. The only one I can think of that is always on is mcafee. Also, I had forgotten that some other games on my computer will slow down after I play them for a while. I have to restart my computer when they do it to make them work. Also, I tried playing one of my other games after a SM game slowed down and they were slow too.
  • edited August 2010
    Have you actually tried if yor problems do occur when you disable your Antivirus when you play?
This discussion has been closed.