Does anyone else feels kinda bummed because...

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
The season finale is almost here and we're all highly anticipating it... but still after ep. 305 there won't be a new season until like 2 or more years. What do you think? On the bright side we'll have the BTTF & JP games coming out winter so that'll be awesome!

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Well personally I have that fear since episode 2.

But, to think, if they wanted to stop making Sam and Max game right after completing that gem, I'd be satisfied. I mean, I think like it's a grand title and it's very hard to top, even by theirselves. I think it might be a good way to end the series.
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Well personally I have that fear since episode 2.

But, to think, if they wanted to stop making Sam and Max game right after completing that gem, I'd be satisfied. I mean, I think like it's a grand title and it's very hard to top, even by theirselves. I think it might be a good way to end the series.

You're right, personally I wouldn't mind for the series to end in this way. Sam & Max save world in an epic way, a way that shows everyone that they're not just a bunch of silly animal hybrids; they're great people who would do anything (in a hilarious and life shattering way) to save the universe.

I think people would disagree with me when I say that the series should end on this season.
  • edited August 2010
    Personally I think DotT should get its turn to shine. Gotta love me some tentacle action!
  • edited August 2010
    I don't feel bummed because the Season 3 ends. Everything has it's time and place and The Devil's Playhouse has offered plenty of entertainment. It's better to finish it when the story arc still holds than artificially prolong it till it jumps the shark.

I hope there will be Season 4, but I don't mind if it doesn't come out soon. I have learned to wait and few years isn't that long time really. I survived the dark age when adventure games were a rare commodity and compared to that waiting year or two is nothing. And apparently there are plenty of new adventure titles which are going to be published in the near future and those will keep me busy.
  • edited August 2010
    Am I the only one left cold for JP and BttF? I suppose TTG might change my mind, but until then, :(.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm looking forward to JP and BTTF, they're two of my favourite films, but I do wish they were also developing a new IP that's not related to a film.
  • edited August 2010
    Am I the only one left cold for JP and BttF? I suppose TTG might change my mind, but until then, :(.

You're not alone. For me the problem with the TellTale is that I'm only familiar with Sam & Max and Monkey Island franchises. I have only a slight interest towards Wallace and Gromit as I have seen two episodes of that show in TV. Their other license franchises are completely unknown to me and it makes me to hesitate if I should try those games or not, because I fear that there might be some inside humour to please the series fans and the games might expect that you already know who is who before you start playing.

Getting famous film franchises like Back to the Future and Jurassic Park is actually bit of improvement because at least I have seen Back to the Future films (although it happened 20 years ago) and I also saw first Jurassic Park film back in 1993. So, at least now I have somekind of idea what is going on.
  • edited August 2010
    Somehow i seriously doubt we have seen the last to Sam & max. yeah its a bit sad, but im sure there will be more, here's for hoping that at some point Telltale will consinder making their first big game. doesnt even have to be big big, but 1 year or so.
  • edited August 2010
    Don't worry what will happen AFTER 305. Just think about the good, not the bad.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm bever gonna say that there will not be a season 4, but by the looks of it this season has been so entretaining, so epic, that I wouldn't mind to see it rest for a while...

My only problem is neather with S&M, MI or BttF...is Jurassic park

Can someone explain to me HOW a point and click adventure game about Jurassic Park would work?
  • edited August 2010
    after 305 im almost 100% certain there will be another season. Look how well it's done for Telltale, they're not just going to abandon their standout series
  • edited August 2010
    I'm bever gonna say that there will not be a season 4, but by the looks of it this season has been so entretaining, so epic, that I wouldn't mind to see it rest for a while...

My only problem is neather with S&M, MI or BttF...is Jurassic park

Can someone explain to me HOW a point and click adventure game about Jurassic Park would work?

Have they stated those new games will be point n click only? im not sure. i would imagine they are gonna do stuff a bit different. Consinder Sam & Max season 3 isnt even point and click, its Keyboard n Turn
  • edited August 2010
    Gotta love me some tentacle action!

6c4c922f-86e3-4238-a194-d0909347c773.jpg

o_ô
  • edited August 2010
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Consinder Sam & Max season 3 isnt even point and click, its Keyboard n Turn

Yeah, I don't quite see JP either. And if they make it non-adventure. Well, that's what TTG does. So if they deviate I would be damn well sceptical.
    It would be like if Obsidian, Blizzard (okay, I know they made one, but that was looooooong ago) or Bethesda would suddenly start making a RTS. Or the CoD makers (can't bother to remember their companies name) makes an adventure.
  • edited August 2010
    Or the CoD makers (can't bother to remember their companies name) makes an adventure.

Treyarch makes the odd numbered ones, Infinity Ward makes the even ones. I know this because my sister goes on about those games like they're the Bible.
  • edited August 2010
    Have they stated those new games will be point n click only? im not sure. i would imagine they are gonna do stuff a bit different. Consinder Sam & Max season 3 isnt even point and click, its Keyboard n Turn

Have we ever seen Telltale games going with another gameplay style? I'd be surprised though...
  • edited August 2010
    Plot of JP game: Search dinosaur crap. Find gun. Shoot T-Rex
  • edited August 2010

If there is going to be a new Season, I'd like a FPS one where you use Max's psychic death beams and Sam's overly large gun.
  • edited August 2010
    Valve and TTG band together to bring you...

Sam & Max: The FPS.
    An epic comedy saga, consisting of 5 episodes that will take about 20 years to complete.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm not looking forward to BTTF or JP, so I will be disapointed when this season ends. Although it would be a great stopping point, it would be nice play another season (with Bosco and musical numbers).
  • edited August 2010
    I think there will be another season. Perhaps not soon, but it probably will happen. In the meantime there's BttF and JP if you like the idea of them, or if like me you aren't so into those titles then there's always the pilot programs. Personally, after season 3 comes to an end I'm going to play all the classics I never played before. Starting with Hit the Road!
  • edited August 2010
    I think we might see a little teaser at the end of Episode 5, with maybe a bit of Bttf or Jp.
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    6c4c922f-86e3-4238-a194-d0909347c773.jpg

o_ô

Hot! Rule 34 wins again!
  • edited August 2010
    That's not rule 34!

I could post some, but this forum is browsed by children too, so... yeah...

I can't really see a teaser for these 2 work as well as the one post ToMI for S&M, but maybe that's just me...
  • edited August 2010
    Well, it might count as Rule 63...
  • edited August 2010
    you forgot the mystery game
  • edited August 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    you forgot the mystery game

Oh that... My reaction is... Wow just wow :confused: :rolleyes: :D

Max + Heavy: :D Woooo, Full of Win, Awesome
    Tycho from penny arcade: Cool, not bad, :)
    Strong Bad: ಠ_ಠ, ugh, zzz
    (IMO)
  • edited August 2010
    The wait's fine.

I don't know about you guys, but I seriously haven't had anytime to replay 303 or 304. 201 and 205 are in need of an urgent replay as well, I'll be happily amusing myself until the next season (which I of course really want :)).
  • edited August 2010
    I feel really depressed right now. Waited for so long and it was over so quickly...
  • edited August 2010
    Hey it has been released.

I haven't had the time and honestly also haven't felt the desire to play through 304 yet, so i still have someting left to play. Seems like i'll take a little TTG break because i'm not interested in BTTF and dunno maybe i'll give the JP demo a try. Anyway if there won't be something else, my TTG adventure time most probably will be more relaxed in the future...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.