Poll: Narrator - Good or Evil?

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
We have at least three days (Today, Tomorrow, Sunday) before we can find out for sure, so until then, what does everyone think?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Neutral, then again, that is the way I want it. I can't see him being the person behind it all. I mean, he is just narrating the story. Someone else could be behind it all, just not him. Unless Telltale has a big surprise somewhere. Anyway, I wasn't too bothered at first, but if he ends this season, I will not be very happy. I want it to end with Sam & Max, not the Narrator.
  • edited August 2010
    He seems neutral to me. I honestly don't think he's some sort of higher power, just a story-telling gimmick for the season.

EDIT: Dang, Ninto basically took the words from my mouth.
  • edited August 2010
    I think he's evil. More than that, I think he's partly a reference to gman from Half Life.
  • edited August 2010
    He's a narrator, no more, no less.
  • edited August 2010
    i think he is the devil
  • edited August 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    i think he is the devil

I think that makes sense, except we met Satan in 205, and they look nothing alike. So I guess he can't be. If we hadn't have already met Satan previously, then I would be agreeing.
  • edited August 2010
    he may bee Satan brother
  • edited August 2010
    cool i have 4 days XD today , tomorrow , Sunday and Monday =P
    and i have 2 wait for PSN update oh well and dont spoil it for me =) because PC/MAc people get it 1 day early while PS3 (USA) people which is me have to wait tuesday
  • edited August 2010
    I used to think he was the main villain, but that "Yank the Cord" scene convinced me otherwise. Also, finding out that he wasn't Dr. Norrington may have had something to do with it. Perhaps he's Dr. Norrington's son, and Junior's father.
  • edited August 2010
    He's a Narrator, possibly a Narrator of the beyond who is projecting a human image of himself to make the audience understand him (due to their limited brain).
  • edited August 2010
    I still think he's up to no good, and I really don't know why. He gives me the willies, though I doubt he'll be the season's Big Bad or anything.
  • edited August 2010
    People have been saying that the Narrator is bad since Episode 1. It would be way too predictable. Him being good on the other hand...
  • edited August 2010
    I think he's simply a red herring.
  • edited August 2010
    I voted for "Evil", although I'm not sure about it. Don't understand why most people vote for "neutral": him being just a narrating device without playing any part in the story would be plain dull (personal opinion).
  • edited August 2010
    If the narrator is insignificant to the plot, why would they even made him a character model and not just let him narrate the story through voice?
  • edited August 2010
    Sammy wrote: »
    If the narrator is insignificant to the plot, why would they even made him a character model and not just let him narrate the story through voice?

Because basically they wanted to pay homage to the Twilight Zone.
  • edited August 2010
    You never know? Telltale loves to suprise you with villins. i can't tell how suprised i was about the soda poppers.
  • edited August 2010
    You never know? Telltale loves to suprise you with villins. i can't tell how suprised i was about the soda poppers.

It would not be that much of a surprise since he is seen in every episode. Plus, in the first trailer, he said it's his OWN playhouse of the bizarre, and I'm pretty sure if Telltale loves to surprise people, he wouldn't willingly giveaway the most deadly spoiler when the first episode hadn't even been released yet.
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    It would not be that much of a surprise since he is seen in every episode. Plus, in the first trailer, he said it's his OWN playhouse of the bizarre, and I'm pretty sure if Telltale loves to surprise people, he wouldn't willingly giveaway the most deadly spoiler when the first episode hadn't even been released yet.

I don't know, that backs up my theory that he is actually
    junior
    . It is also common for someone to say something given the knowledge of future events to be a devastating revelation, but at the time is something most won't recall. It is a pretty normal gotchya tactic.

He also looks a lot like the mayor in the newspaper clip awarding the key. Maybe that ending shot is actually when the real final battle begins.
  • edited August 2010
    The Big z wrote: »
    I don't know, that backs up my theory that he is actually
    junior
    . It is also common for someone to say something given the knowledge of future events to be a devastating revelation, but at the time is something most won't recall. It is a pretty normal gotchya tactic.

He also looks a lot like the mayor in the newspaper clip awarding the key. Maybe that ending shot is actually when the real final battle begins.

"Yank the cord" is suspicious though. He tries helping Max against
    himself
    , then?

He doesn't look like him at all. If he does, it's just nothing beyond the similarities shared between two fictional people designed by the same person.
  • edited August 2010
    My guess is he's neutral, but when he comes in the end to close the season Max will start attacking him so as not to be upstaged.
  • edited August 2010
    I still think he's trying to help them. He's the one who teaches you the new mechanics (the Toys, and just those little tutorial text boxes that appear). He may not help much, but I think he's going to try.
  • edited August 2010
    The Narrator pretty much seems to be stuck inside the theme of this season. And frankly, I think the best way for clearing the path to the next highly probably Narrator-less Sam & Max season would be for him not to linger anywhere, but be killed off/removed in fashion instead, nudge-nudge, wink-wink, know I mean, say no more? :D
  • edited August 2010
    The Narrator pretty much seems to be stuck inside the theme of this season. And frankly, I think the best way for clearing the path to the next highly probably Narrator-less Sam & Max season would be for him not to linger anywhere, but be killed off/removed in fashion instead, nudge-nudge, wink-wink, know I mean, say no more? :D

I'm afraid that I don't follow.
  • edited August 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    I'm afraid that I don't follow.

I mean, if the Narrator supposedly stays alive during the next Sam & Max season, but doesn't appear in it at all (he may not be suiting the "colours" of the next season), I feel we're all going to have this awkward feeling of uncertainty if he's interfering with the fourth season as well or not. And if he does get killed off (which will most probably happen if he's evil), then I feel that would somehow fit better the whole new atmospheric palette that's more than probable to come with the next season, with the (again more than probable) absence of psychic toys and similar.
    P.S. Now I really wonder how we're going to part with the Toys of Power and possibly find a new game enhancement in the fourth season...
  • edited August 2010
    He's Satan and probably he has a voice modulator to make him sound different.

Seriously hope not though, but it sounds like something Telltale would do.
  • edited August 2010
    He's the Big Bad of Season 4!
  • edited August 2010
    I mean, if the Narrator supposedly stays alive during the next Sam & Max season, but doesn't appear in it at all (he may not be suiting the "colours" of the next season), I feel we're all going to have this awkward feeling of uncertainty if he's interfering with the fourth season as well or not. And if he does get killed off (which will most probably happen if he's evil), then I feel that would somehow fit better the whole new atmospheric palette that's more than probable to come with the next season, with the (again more than probable) absence of psychic toys and similar.
    P.S. Now I really wonder how we're going to part with the Toys of Power and possibly find a new game enhancement in the fourth season...

...I was...I was kidding...
  • edited August 2010
    I guess 305 really answered that question huh guys?
  • edited August 2010
    xaviorbat wrote: »
    I guess 305 really answered that question huh guys?

Yep.
    He's kinda neither of them, really. The twist was great though.
  • edited August 2010
    I still think there was something... off about him. That final wave... the sudden change of heart... and that he still wanted to help Sam all along...
  • edited August 2010
    He's Satan and probably he has a voice modulator to make him sound different.

Seriously hope not though, but it sounds like something Telltale would do.

When I played, I so thought of this message, because
    Satan & the Narrator do have the same color of subtitles. I know this is a silly thought, but it scared me!
  • edited September 2010
    HA! Take that, lame naysayers! >:-D
  • edited September 2010
    he is just plain creepy
Sign in to comment in this discussion.