Resemblances between Sam and Max characters and other fictional characters

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
I just realized how much Papierwaite resembles Professor Quirrell from Harry Potter. Skinny, wimpy, and sharing a body with an evil being.

Also, Max kind of reminds me of Tracy Jordan from 30 Rock sometimes.

Okay, who else?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Brandy and Mr Whiskers comes to mind. Funky Cops too. And people are seeing a big resemblance between Bosco and Bubs.
  • edited August 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    I just realized how much Papierwaite resembles Professor Quirrell from Harry Potter. Skinny, wimpy, and sharing a body with an evil being.

Not to mention they BOTH have tastefully coloured outfits and funny hats. (What? Purple and green are my favourite colours.)
  • edited August 2010
    As a part of MY culture, I disagree with fez being funny.

...except the fact that they look like bongos. Teehee. People wear red bongos on their heads. With thin short whips coming out of them.
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »

...except the fact that they look like bongos. Teehee. People wear red bongos on their heads. With thin short whips coming out of them.

I meant funny as in odd.
  • edited August 2010
    Hatley wrote: »
    I meant funny as in odd.

And it's less offending o_ô

Reminds me, I do actually have a fez from my old school plays (they made us play the same thing every year in elementary school, with every boy acting the same cultural cliche guy bullshit and every girl acting the skanky curtain wearing woman bullshit, coming to the stage walking in a line in a slow way and then just walking back to exit stage). Now that Papierwaite wears it I feel like if I wear that, I'd be a lot more hipster.

No it didn't work.
  • edited August 2010
    1415575-180px_papierwaite_large.png alpert.jpg

Also, they're both
    immortal
    . :p
  • edited August 2010
    sam-max-season-2-episode-1-ice-station-santa-20071026062714229-000.jpg
    find-santa-claus-10.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    It's been brought up before, but there are some interesting parallels between Sam & Max and The Blues Brothers
  • edited August 2010
    I always saw sam and max as more of a satire of dragnet
  • edited August 2010
    Bosco is Mr. T? Only wimpier.
  • edited August 2010
    sam-max-season-2-episode-1-ice-station-santa-20071026062714229-000.jpg
    find-santa-claus-10.jpg

DEAR GOD.

It's genius.
  • edited August 2010
    Here is one.
  • edited August 2010
    Hatley wrote: »
    Here is one.

It's uncanny!

Except it's not. Definitely canny.
  • edited August 2010
    It's uncanny!

Except it's not. Definitely canny.

My point is that thier attires have strong resemblance.
  • edited August 2010
    Iiiiiiii wonder if it would be racist butyoucouldtrypairingthatpicturewithnoirsam
  • edited August 2010
    Iiiiiiii wonder if it would be racist butyoucouldtrypairingthatpicturewithnoirsam

Give me a (good) picture of noir sam via pm and it's done. Tomorrow.
  • edited August 2010

If we're still talking about those, then I found this little nugget on Wikipedia's fez article:
    In the Western world, the fez occasionally serves as a symbol of relaxation. In cartoons, characters are shown wearing a fez often while lying in a hammock on vacation or just relaxing after a hard day of work. This curious imagery may be a throwback to the late 19th century English practice of men wearing a loose fitting smoking jacket and braided fez-like headdress when relaxing informally in the evenings. Punch cartoons of the period 1875-90 frequently portray middle-class male figures dressed in this fashion. This practice is called "wearing mufti" and came from the habit of British officers and public servants wearing what was then Indian dress in the privacy of their homes. The dress was more comfortable in the Indian climate and created a sense of ease and relaxation such that the clothing, not unlike that of an Islamic scholar or mufti, came into the English language as a word meaning 'out of uniform' or undress.

Smoking jacket AND fez. Interesting...
  • edited August 2010
    tredlow wrote: »

In turn, Dr. Norrington/Yog-Soggoth resembles a Chestburster in the way he sticks out of Paperwaite's chest, and Krang, in his appearance and that he apparently lost his body entering our dimension.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.