All TTG games post SBCG4AP stop working!

edited August 2010 in Game Support
Hi,
For some reason now I cannot launch any Telltale Games made after SBCG4AP on my computer anymore. When I click on the shortcut, nothing happens. I set the program to 'Disable desktop composition' mode while running, and when I use the shortcut, the Windows Aero theme is disabled for a few seconds, but then it is enabled again. I am on Windows Vista. Can anyone suggest any possible causes?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Do you have LUA installed? (It sets an environment variable that causes the "nothing happens" issue)
    Is your display color depth set to 32 bit?

If that doesn't help a dxdiag log might be useful.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited August 2010
    Here's the info. Hope it helps.
    Note: I had to bypass DirectInput (whatever that means) because it got stuck there.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Here's the info. Hope it helps.
    Note: I had to bypass DirectInput (whatever that means) because it got stuck there.

That's good to know. It is possible that the device that causes DirectInput to crash also crashes the game.

Try disconnecting all non-essential devices before starting the game.
    I saw something like that happening to some users with graphics tablets. Uninstalling or Updating the drivers helped sometimes.
This discussion has been closed.