The City That Dares Not Sleep Review - Alternative Magazine Online

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
Sam & Max: The City That Dares Not Sleep Review - Alternative Magazine Online

"Sam & Max is so crazy that you have to just go along with it. It will never make total sense. It doesn’t really have to either. This is a madcap cartoon brought to life, a walking, talking dog and a psychotic, rabbity-thing let loose on our computer/television screens. By remembering that the truly important thing in this franchise is the relationship between Sam & Max themselves, any story deficiencies fade away as background noise. A great end to the season that most definitely goes out with a bang."

I am glad to report that I liked this a lot more than the previous episode and hardly came across any bugs! As always though, I would be interested to hear if anyone else did encounter any bugs, errors etc, as well as feedback on my review. Cheers!

UPDATE: URL now fixed!

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Good review. I am very excited.
  • edited August 2010
    Pretty much all reviews have been great for 305! Really excited about this one! :D

Bit of a random question, but you never did that interview with Dom after Monkey Island 2 did you? Or did I miss it? :P
  • edited August 2010
    Pretty much all reviews have been great for 305! Really excited about this one! :D

Bit of a random question, but you never did that interview with Dom after Monkey Island 2 did you? Or did I miss it? :P

Yeah it is a good final episode I have to admit!

Not a random question at all! :D The Dom interview is forthcoming! He has actually answered the questions for Secret Of Monkey Island already, I might post them seperately this week while I wait for his LeChuck's Revenge ones. (I was originally just going to do them both at once.) He is good at getting back to me so I am sure he will do, even if it is taking a tad longer than usual!
  • edited August 2010
    I just read in another thread that there is an alternate ending! I got a "walking into the sunset" kinda thing (to avoid spoilers)... is the other one much different?

Is it worth updating my review for this? I guess people might like to know before they play the game that there are two outcomes, but then again I wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't for the forum to be honest!
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah, the ending I got was
    Sam & Max leaving in the time machine
    But that's the only ending I've played so I don't know how your one turns out. Apparently the ending is decided by Sam's dialogue option to remember their Adventures or Crimefightings just before leaving Max's body.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.