Whooo me first, me first!

edited September 2005 in General Chat
Nice, they sucker everyone here with the Sam and Max announcement and then unleash Bone on the same day.

You sly sly people you.

Clicky Download!

Comments

• edited September 2005
    Ha ha! I be playing.

Digital Distro rocks!
  • edited September 2005
    Um, has anyone else had some trouble buying this???

Maybe this should be in Support, but I bought the game, got the email, but when I go to My Purchases, it doesn't show up! And when I followed the links in the email, a download button won't show up!

I wanted to buy it now (I'm at work) and download it later, but it looks like something went wrong... :((
  • edited September 2005
    Yea I noticed some weirdness with that too.

All you need to do is download the demo and run it and on the first page it pops up there's the 'buy it' screen

In the upper left hand corner there's a 'customer service' link, click that and there's a thing asking you for your order number and your password. Use the order number from the e-mail and the password you said when you bought it and it'll unlock just fine.

The demo download and the full game download are the same as far as I can tell.
  • edited September 2005
    I used Paypal, and they're saying the order still has to be paid.

Don't let me down now, Telltale. :(
  • edited September 2005
    It probably has to go through first.

It's a safe bet Telltale is a little busy today... ;)
  • edited September 2005
    I completed the trailer and ordered the game...

With a Key code does this mean we can now put the installation file on a CD and in years to come (perhaps when TT no longer offers this game or is closed) we can install it and play again?

Man I can't wait for my code!

Is there a cover for the game? On the site they have a little image which looks like one but its too small.
  • edited September 2005
    Not quite, you need to connect to their servers to authenticate the game every time you reinstall on a different machine. The key code allows you to do that without having to pay again.

Telltale have said that should they cease to be in business they will release patches that will allow the games to be played bypassing the online authentication.
  • edited September 2005
    I completed the trailer and ordered the game...

With a Key code does this mean we can now put the installation file on a CD and in years to come (perhaps when TT no longer offers this game or is closed) we can install it and play again?

Man I can't wait for my code!

Is there a cover for the game? On the site they have a little image which looks like one but its too small.

The only 'code' you need is your order number and the password you used when you paid. If you paid with a credit card you should have it, just click on the 'customer service' link in the upper left of the first page of the demo. Put in your order number and passcode and it'll authenticate it.
  • edited September 2005
    Not quite, you need to connect to their servers to authenticate the game every time you reinstall on a different machine. The key code allows you to do that without having to pay again.

Telltale have said that should they cease to be in business they will release patches that will allow the games to be played bypassing the online authentication.

Oh! Thats cool!

Thank you and Vark.

I have to wait till me dad can get to his emails tomorrow at work. He's the only one with a Paypal account so he let me use his but my codes have gone to his emails. The wait will kill me.

The demo was awesome. I liked the voices, the graphics seemed cool, the controls were perfect and mini game was fun (they did something like that in Ace Ventura but it was pretty hard (you had to use the keyboard) and ended up more annoying then fun).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.