The toy, that never was

bai_ganyobai_ganyo Banned
edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
What about those goggles? We see them in the credits at the beginning and they are in Sam's notes in 305. Are they in the Playstaytion version? What are the differences between the two? Are there more puzzles, less?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    The Nutri-Specs are the only difference between the PS3 version and the PC version. They were a post-game bonus in the first episode that didn't really serve much purpose in the end...
  • edited August 2010
    Well, we're still waiting for the PSN version to come out, right? Maybe getting the item from the first episode unlocks the real ending.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, we're still waiting for the PSN version to come out, right? Maybe getting the item from the first episode unlocks the real ending.

No I'm pretty sure we've seen the real ending, and I think the Nutri-Specs are meant to be a bonus for everyone, but it was a mistake when they were released in Episode 1 on the PS3.

It would be nice to know when they are coming though, but we might not hear anything till the PS3 gets episode 5.
  • edited August 2010

I can't think of a better way for Telltale to piss off the loyal PC downloaders and start a further flaming! :D
  • edited August 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    I can't think of a better way for Telltale to piss off the loyal PC downloaders and start a further flaming! :D

<_<

>_>

Free Max hat for Steam buyers! *runs*
  • edited August 2010
    Zonino wrote: »
    <_<

>_>

Free Max hat for Steam buyers! *runs*
    uhm we telltale buyers got a steam code which not only unlocked the max hat but also the entire devils playhouse on steam
  • edited August 2010
    Woah since when? I want a Steam code!
  • edited August 2010
    Since the first week the season was out. From what Jake has said, I think you should still be able to get the hats in TF2. I think the game still recognizes when you made the purchase, as long as it was in the first week.

http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2hats
  • edited August 2010
    Crrash wrote: »
    uhm we telltale buyers got a steam code which not only unlocked the max hat but also the entire devils playhouse on steam

Yes, the joke was when this happened the storm it created was so immense as to pretty much drown out any other reasonable discussion at the time.

Also I still hate you all for that. The TF2 items were clearly a Steam exclusive, a reward if you will, for brand loyalty in the same way that buying direct from TTG got you access to the special private forum and a free DVD too. The only legitimate concern was that the TF2 items were last minute. Saying that I preorded Season 3 on Steam when it clearly said we'd get access to the private forum, of course that was ignored.

Soo.. umm.. yeah. Forum is babies, and there doesn't need to be whine over the Nutri-Specs because there already was when it appeared in the PS3 version and we were promised it for the PC, we just need to wait. Hopefully they'll come along with a myriad of bug fixes for the episodes :P
  • edited August 2010
    Actually, the forum was also supposed for Steam users, but somewhere along the line something got screwed up and that got dropped.

EDIT: Re-reading your post, you actually said that, right? Nevermind then...

We were never told if it was Valve or TTG though who did.
  • edited August 2010
    I don't think it's going to take a bug fix to get the Nutrispecs on the PC, they just need to flip whatever switch they need to for the ARG that originally was meant to unlock them.

As for a "myriad of bug fixes", you don't know Telltale very well, do you?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.