ending question

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
The season ending is largely different than the other two, most noticibly I found by the fact that it was more emotional and finished by Sam and Max running into the sunset with the title slowly fading in and the screen fading to black. So because of that kind of setup, is anyone thinking that this could be the last season? Also, does anyone else agree that it would be a bad choice because it is both possible to continue the storyline and that I'm pretty sure that Sam and Max is telltale's main income?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    homsar8 wrote: »
    The season ending is largely different than the other two, most noticibly I found by the fact that it was more emotional and finished by Sam and Max running into the sunset with the title slowly fading in and the screen fading to black.

Yeah. It's obviously completely different.
    So because of that kind of setup, is anyone thinking that this could be the last season?

Yeah. That's what I thought too, but no member of the staff (perhaps I'm wrong) had confirmed or infirmed that they will be a fourth season. That doesn't necessarily MEANS anything, but still. But you're right, that would be quite a perfect end. But who knows?
    Also, does anyone else agree that it would be a bad choice because it is both possible to continue the storyline

Well... it's like always possible to continue the storyline on the Sam & Max's Universe. But there WILL be a finale season, one day or another.
    and that I'm pretty sure that Sam and Max is telltale's main income?

How do you know that? Actually, they're are more threads in the ToMI forum, and there was only ONE season. So, I would not be sure about that.
  • edited August 2010
    There's an alternate ending where Sam
    goes into the elevator with him.
  • edited August 2010
    There are different endings???
  • edited August 2010
    There are different endings???

yh I got the time machie one. When Sam is told about the dark matter in the tumor and picks between crime fighting and adventure it splits the ending.
  • edited August 2010
    Ahh, now that chose the ending, gotta check out the other one then :)

By the way, I loved the Indy-style moment with the hat at the very end... at least I did interpret it that way.
  • edited August 2010
    if it was the last season they would
    have killed max ... *erm* would have kept him dead ... no wait... wouldn't have brought him back... no thats not it.... wouldn't have introduced alternate practically identical past but not past anymore Max
    then again maybe they just wanted to suggest that the duo will continue crimefighting and adventuring even if no more seasons should come.
  • edited August 2010
    If you choose Adventuring, you get them traveling in the time elevator.

If you choose Crime-fighting, they run into the sunset.

I chose Adventuring.
  • edited August 2010
    If you choose Adventuring, you get them traveling in the time elevator.

If you choose Crime-fighting, they run into the sunset.

I chose Adventuring.

I chose both :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.