Sam&Max Season 3 - Occasional freezes in cutscenes

edited September 2010 in Game Support
Hi,

this has been happening for me since the beginning of Season 3.

Every now and then, during a longer dialogue scenes, the game will look up for about 10 seconds, then the screen goes black, the game comes back and runs on. The game is playable, but some scenes are really horrible, and I began avoiding some dialogue, although these are what makes the game worthwhile.

I have been checking back in here, but never found anything on this issue.
I am running Windows 7 (64 bit) with an ATI 5770 graphics card. Drivers have been regularly updated (at least until June). Directx is up-to-date, everything else is running fine.

Maybe someone has some clues. Today it is too late to play it through anyway, so hopefully i can have an undisturbed run tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    Are you playing it fullscreen with the graphics settings turned way down? It's also potentially caused by an overactive virus scanner. You could try turning off as many programs as humanly possible and unplug from the net to see if it makes any difference.
  • edited September 2010
    I play fullscreen, but not details at maximum, got no framerate issues or anything, this machine is less than a year old and should be able to handle it no problem performancewise. I can play much more demanding games with no problems. I have read something about problems with the Ati Catalyst Suite. Also cleaned up the Windows logs, maybe i can find something related to the glitches. Then i will try running without Catalyst.

I will be back ;)
This discussion has been closed.