S&M Season 3: Graphics Lag

edited September 2010 in Game Support
The graphics and animation can't keep up with the music and charcter voices. It has been like this for the entire season. I play full screen with the graphics at the lowest but it still lags. I think my driver myight be out of date but I had no luck finding a recent one. Help would be deeply apperciated. (don't know how to attach files, sorry.:confused::o)

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Help would be deeply apperciated. (don't know how to attach files, sorry.:confused::o)

A dxdiag log would be very helpful. You can attach a file by selecting "post reply" and selecting "Manage Attachments" in the "Additional Options" section.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited September 2010
    DjNDB wrote: »
    A dxdiag log would be very helpful. You can attach a file by selecting "post reply" and selecting "Manage Attachments" in the "Additional Options" section.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.

Thanks, I think I couldn't attach it because I forgot to zip the file t'was all... Anyways, here's my 'Puter info:
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Card name: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
    Driver Date/Size: 1/13/2007 11:33:00, 57344 bytes

Description: Realtek HD Audio rear output
    Date and Size: 6/8/2005 16:22:20, 3160576 bytes

You have one of those slow integrated intel graphics chips. That's why the graphics lag.
    You already have the latest driver for that model.

You can update your Realtek HDA Driver though. It might not help much for that problem, but it's better than using a 5 year old driver.

Usually i would suggest installing a dedicated graphics card, but according to these specs your system doesn't have a PCIe or AGP slot.
    There are some PCI graphics cards though, which might be a bit better than nothing.

A smarter upgrade would include a new Mainboard with PCIe slot and a PCIe graphics card, which would let you reuse most of your components. You would have to check the power supply too.
  • edited September 2010
    Well i tried to update Realtek HDA Driver but now no sound is coming out of the game, or anything for that matter. No sound at all from my computer
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Well i tried to update Realtek HDA Driver but now no sound is coming out of the game, or anything for that matter. No sound at all from my computer

Have you tried unpluggin/replugging your sound cable? HDA usually recognizes that and let's you choose what kind of device you connected.

Also you could check if your default sound output is selected correctly.

If that doesn't help an new dxdiag log could give more information on the current Situation.
  • edited September 2010
    I don't exactly know where the sound cable is but here's another dxdiag log:
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    I don't exactly know where the sound cable is but here's another dxdiag log:

Ok. There's no sound driver now. Run the Realtek HDA installer again.
    It usually uninstalls the previous driver on the first run, then requires a reboot, and then you have to run it again.
  • edited September 2010
    It didn'[t seem to do anything unless I did it wrong. Oh what to do...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    It didn'[t seem to do anything unless I did it wrong. Oh what to do...

I am not sure i understand. Did you try running the Realtek HDA installer again?
  • edited September 2010
    Well what I did was went to the link and reinstalled it again.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    So the driver is now installed and sound works?
  • edited September 2010
    No... Nothing changed, no sound, and still lags.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    No... Nothing changed, no sound, and still lags.

The second run should at least have installed the sound driver. Another dxdiag log could let me see that.
    If that's not the case we can always install the old driver again.
  • edited September 2010
    Ok! Here's another log, I hope it helps me help you:
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Ok! Here's another log, I hope it helps me help you:

Still no driver installed. Do you get any error messages while running the Realtek HDA installer?
  • edited September 2010
    A message pops up when I start an application saying: "Unable to create audio device. No sound driver for availale use. Try shutting down all open programs." which i do but it doesn't do anything...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    A message pops up when I start an application saying: "Unable to create audio device. No sound driver for availale use. Try shutting down all open programs." which i do but it doesn't do anything...

That's because the error message is misleading. I was refering to the driver installation which didn't seem to work. The driver is definitely the right one, so i don't understand why it would not install properly.

If you can't get the latest driver installed, then install the one you had before for now.
  • edited September 2010
    A message came up when I was installing it which said: "Your system does not have
    Microsoft's Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High defintion audio bus driver installed. You mustinstall this device before installing realtek high defintion audio drivers. You can obtain the UAA HD audio bu driver from microsoft." That may be the source of the problem, or not...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    That may be the source of the problem, or not...

It sure is the source of the problem that the driver won't install.

Install the UAA Driver.

Then try installing the new Realtek HDA Driver.
  • edited September 2010
    The sounds back, hoo-rah! I'd rather here the funny punchlines then not have the game lag. Thanks for all your help!
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    The sounds back, hoo-rah! I'd rather here the funny punchlines then not have the game lag. Thanks for all your help!

I am glad that worked. Is it with the new Realtek driver?

As for the lag, that will probably stay until you have a better graphics card as mentioned before.
  • edited September 2010
    No it's the old one, looks like you can't give a 7 year old computer good graphics. oh well, the lagging seems to come and go depending on where I am; apparently.
This discussion has been closed.