Hit the road characters mentioned in 305

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
In 305 when talking to Sammun-Mak about moleman Sam mentions he knows a lot of moleman then names the two moleman from hit the road.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Indeed. I was surprised at how blatant the Hit the Road references were in this episode.
  • edited September 2010
    It was nice :) always nice to see a game aknowlegde its legacy.

Would still be so awesome to someday see more wacky stuff like in Hit The Road. i really hope if they do another season, they will try out some wacky stuff, like the worldest biggest ball of twine, and mount rushmore, and stuff like that :) Also Season 4 it must have office again :( and bosco .
  • edited September 2010
    I thought the Hit the Road references in Max's inventory were the best. The car bomb game, the Snuckey's candy bar, and William Kasten doing an impression of Nick Jameson and commenting on the voices. All of it was great.

And on a completely random note, I totally didn't see the gun in there until at least ten minutes after I first entered the inventory.
  • edited September 2010
    I saw. I thought Sam & Max don't really reference past cases.
  • edited September 2010
    I wonder if the references were made possible because of Telltale's improved relations with Lucasarts? I mean, after Tales of Monkey Island, they are more like business partners.

Just a thought.

Kevin
  • edited September 2010
    KevinSig wrote: »
    I wonder if the references were made possible because of Telltale's improved relations with Lucasarts? I mean, after Tales of Monkey Island, they are more like business partners.

Just a thought.

Kevin
    And because many telltale employes worked at lucasarts before
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah, in the first season the references were fairly subtle, like "tufts of sasquatch hair" or "vegetables in the shape of famous naturalists" being requested at Bosco's. In 305, as people said, you see the damn bucket of fish, Snucky's bar and car bomb game, and obviously Sam and Max Spore had differing views on the difficulty of their past cases.

I love throwbacks!
  • edited September 2010
    William Kasten doing an impression of Nick Jameson

Where was that?
  • edited September 2010
    The whole time you're in the inventory, especially when looking at the bucket of fish.
  • edited September 2010
    Probably, Lucasarts doesn't care about creativity anymore. They only release Starwars and Indiana Jones crap now.
  • edited September 2010
    I reckon it's foreshadowing towards a Hit the Road Special Edition. Like how Guybrush whistling Largo's theme in Tales was foreshadowing for MI2:SE.
  • edited September 2010
    I hope your write Teeth :D I'm too young to have played hit the road :(
  • edited September 2010
    Soeroah wrote: »
    Yeah, in the first season the references were fairly subtle, like "tufts of sasquatch hair" or "vegetables in the shape of famous naturalists" being requested at Bosco's. In 305, as people said, you see the damn bucket of fish, Snucky's bar and car bomb game, and obviously Sam and Max Spore had differing views on the difficulty of their past cases.

I love throwbacks!

What about the roach farm looking like the ant farm?
  • edited September 2010
    Teeth wrote: »
    I reckon it's foreshadowing towards a Hit the Road Special Edition. Like how Guybrush whistling Largo's theme in Tales was foreshadowing for MI2:SE.

A 3d version of hit the road would be awesome
Sign in to comment in this discussion.