My End Thoughts, a spoiler review

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
Well, it's been two days since the end and I haven't posted a full rant and rave anywhere... I guess it's time to start.

First off, I have to say that I am quite pleased with the way the episode went on even though I was very disappointed that the story didn't completely pick off where Beyond the Alley of the Dolls left off.
Beginning the game I was already in complete shock that Papierwaite is still alive (he shouldn't be, by the way) and that Sybil came back and not Bosco, which is a topic all on it's own.

Going up on the roof, exploring the outside streets, it was an epic apocolypse moment there yet it was missing something important; past future vision sights.
Throughout the first part, I went up on the roof and saw Satan. Hated that, saw Jurgen, hated that because although he was wearing the cool vampire outfit, he wasn't trying to praise Yog-Soggoth at all or ANYTHING from the dark dimension so there was no point in revealing any of that in 302 really.

The opening credits I liked, not exactly complete epic but hilarious to see Dr. Norrington to be stuck on Papierwaite's chest during that scene. Max's body was okay but not good enough to want to stay there. It would have been better if they all just teleported into his brain and then at then end Sam would get eaten and die.
Max's inventory was tops, Super-Ego was not everything I expected but it was still great.

Astral Projection in this Episode was excellent because it shows the toy in a more understandable way then it did in 302. I got my wish to play a Sam clone, Sammun-Mak was annoying and I'm glad he's dead along with Grandpa Stinky's old body. (If there is a Season 4 I hope that everyone on that ship dies and never comes back) I also LOVED the end fight with Flint and the goons, it was excellent with the music and Flint's knife throwing, it actually made me finally like Flint and no longer hate him.

Demon Max was fun to control, the end was a nice heartwarming ending and it was in Sam & Max style humor.

Unfortunately, we never find out who put Astral Projection in the basement, why the Mole Cultists know so much about the apocolypse, and why Bosco isn't in this game and pregnant hot Sybil is!

And for a brief moment before I end this, I have to say that I am disappointed that the end of Beyond the Alley of the Dolls was kind of for nothing, Junior isn't even in Max which sucks, Yog-Soggoth isn't dead, and Sam never did that weird dance in Papierwaite's office as predicted in 303.
And finally, we never find out what was so great and so important in Bob's Toys!s.

And that's my thoughts, sorry it was so badly put together but no one taught me how to write on forums nicely.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I am not sure if you are serious here or being sarcastic...
    Lines like
    It would have been better if they all just teleported into his brain and then at then end Sam would get eaten and die.
    Suggest the second... though there are enough valid complains there to make it definitely look like all is seriously genuine.
  • edited September 2010
    You're happy that Grandpa Stinky's body died?! He's nothing without his Scrooge McDuck voice!
  • edited September 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Well, it's been two days since the end and I haven't posted a full rant and rave anywhere... I guess it's time to start.

First off, I have to say that I am quite pleased with the way the episode went on even though I was very disappointed that the story didn't completely pick off where Beyond the Alley of the Dolls left off.
    Beginning the game I was already in complete shock that Papierwaite is still alive (he shouldn't be, by the way) and that Sybil came back and not Bosco, which is a topic all on it's own.

I don't quite understand why people continously say that Papierwaite should've died after getting hit by Cthonic Destroyer. Yoggy already explained the situation that getting hit by Cthonic Destroyer would harm them because of being a human/dark dimension creature hybrid; instead of totally destroying the creature. I did take it as he's able to heal from it as long as the exposure of the blast isn't too long. As for the long fall they took afterwards, well, they resist aging and radioactivity. Why not that?
    Going up on the roof, exploring the outside streets, it was an epic apocolypse moment there yet it was missing something important; past future vision sights.
    Well, everyone expected them to be real, in the end. But noone said all future vision sights would be seen in this season, or any season. They might as well happen when we don't look. And actually, it was good to only have the idea of what's going to happen to those characters.
    Throughout the first part, I went up on the roof and saw Satan. Hated that, saw Jurgen, hated that because although he was wearing the cool vampire outfit, he wasn't trying to praise Yog-Soggoth at all or ANYTHING from the dark dimension so there was no point in revealing any of that in 302 really.
    You know Jurgen. Yog-Soggoth religion mustn't be hip anymore.
    The opening credits I liked, not exactly complete epic but hilarious to see Dr. Norrington to be stuck on Papierwaite's chest during that scene. Max's body was okay but not good enough to want to stay there. It would have been better if they all just teleported into his brain and then at then end Sam would get eaten and die.
    Max's inventory was tops, Super-Ego was not everything I expected but it was still great.
    I think Max's body was brilliantly creative, only that it didn't have much to click on/fiddle around in various rooms such as the stomach or cortex.

I did not get that sentence which ends with Sam's death o_o.
    Astral Projection in this Episode was excellent because it shows the toy in a more understandable way then it did in 302. I got my wish to play a Sam clone, Sammun-Mak was annoying and I'm glad he's dead along with Grandpa Stinky's old body. (If there is a Season 4 I hope that everyone on that ship dies and never comes back) I also LOVED the end fight with Flint and the goons, it was excellent with the music and Flint's knife throwing, it actually made me finally like Flint and no longer hate him.

Demon Max was fun to control, the end was a nice heartwarming ending and it was in Sam & Max style humor.

True, games finally admired Flint's kickassery and mirrored his comic counterpart a little.
    Unfortunately, we never find out who put Astral Projection in the basement, why the Mole Cultists know so much about the apocolypse, and why Bosco isn't in this game and pregnant hot Sybil is!

Uuuuuhh.............
    And for a brief moment before I end this, I have to say that I am disappointed that the end of Beyond the Alley of the Dolls was kind of for nothing, Junior isn't even in Max which sucks, Yog-Soggoth isn't dead, and Sam never did that weird dance in Papierwaite's office as predicted in 303.
    And finally, we never find out what was so great and so important in Bob's Toys!s.
    It's not nothing, well, in 304 we DID see that Junior was so young he wasn't able to talk or communicate, so he was just a pure hellspawn without any thought. He did get squished back to a little puddle o' egg yolk, so he was consumed as a whole. I think the dark matter found in Max's tumor is that egg yolk itself.

And I believe Bob's Toys!s simply had one of the Toys of Power. All the toys Max used, except for the Cthonic Destroyer, were found in Earth as Gordon the Brain said, so I believe what made it so special was simply that.
  • edited September 2010

The episode begins a week after Max's transformation so maybe the visions have already happened.
  • edited September 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    I don't quite understand why people continously say that Papierwaite should've died after getting hit by Cthonic Destroyer. Yoggy already explained the situation that getting hit by Cthonic Destroyer would harm them because of being a human/dark dimension creature hybrid; instead of totally destroying the creature. I did take it as he's able to heal from it as long as the exposure of the blast isn't too long. As for the long fall they took afterwards, well, they resist aging and radioactivity. Why not that?

Um, it doesn't make sense!!!! Yog-Soggoth said if they were hit by the Cthonic Destroyer then they'd receive critical damage, and that fall from the roof shouldn't have gone well with Papierwaite. And if you ask me, Bosco should have been the one familiar with things from the dark dimension.
    You know Jurgen. Yog-Soggoth religion mustn't be hip anymore.

If you're loyal to an elder god 100 years ago then you're loyal to him forever.
    I did not get that sentence which ends with Sam's death o_o.

I would have rather had an ending where Sam & Max both died to save the universe. Not much to get about it.
    It's not nothing, well, in 304 we DID see that Junior was so young he wasn't able to talk or communicate, so he was just a pure hellspawn without any thought. He did get squished back to a little puddle o' egg yolk, so he was consumed as a whole. I think the dark matter found in Max's tumor is that egg yolk itself.

It still should have had a lot to do with the dark dimension, that "yolk" as you say just doesn't fit in well.
    And I believe Bob's Toys!s simply had one of the Toys of Power. All the toys Max used, except for the Cthonic Destroyer, were found in Earth as Gordon the Brain said, so I believe what made it so special was simply that.

Okay sure, I'll give you that, but we should still be able to have found out what toy was so important that Skun-ka'pe would want.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.