season 3 on wii?

just wondering cause they released the other 2 seasons on wii and i just got into sam and max and want 2 play season 3 on wii (yes im nintendo fanboy) next sam and max season though who thinks they should release episodic on wii ware?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I agree. I would like this on Wii ASAP.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, the other seasons didn't come to the Wii until years after their completion. Altering the engine and adapting the Wii controls takes time, and wasn't their focus during PC production because of the fact that the games couldn't be on WiiWare and there was no reason to create an engine during main production.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, lets hope the change the pattern.
  • edited September 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    Well, lets hope the change the pattern.

But that would be punishing PC owners, why should TellTale delay their game to then further implant the Wii controls and restruct it around that? That would just be silly.
  • edited September 2010
    My PC sucks for gaming, and I don't own a PS3, so I'm really, really, looking forward to playing this on Wii.

Any update on this? I just hope it doesn't take two years like the last two seasons did.
  • edited September 2010
    Why would you want to play it on Wii?
    The other 2 season's looked and sounded like something the cat coughed up. :S
  • edited September 2010
    I played the 2 and the issues that it had certainly didn't have anything to do with graphics or audio that I noticed.

Honestly, there is no reason for it to not happen other than TT not wanting it to happen. If it does happen I'd imagine it'll still take a while though.
  • edited September 2010
    What about the textures? They were so low-res that you couldn't even read somethi...
    And the sentences kept being cut sho...
    I really didn't enjoy my Wii playthro...
    Too bad, because it could've been really wonderfu...
  • edited September 2010
    Honestly can't say that I remember having those problems or at least have them often enough to a trouble. Now the slowdown on the other hand...
  • edited September 2010
    Hmmm... I was really put off by them.
    Especially since Pointing and Clicking + Wii seemed like every Adventure Gamers wet dream.
    Ah well, at least I've got all three seasons on PC now...
  • edited September 2010
    Joop wrote: »
    What about the textures? They were so low-res that you couldn't even read somethi...
    That was mostly in Season one. What really bugged me about that was that the gag about Bosco's nametag being visible when he's in disguise was lost because you couldn't tell what it said. S2 improved on it, though.
    Joop wrote: »
    And the sentences kept being cut sho...
    I really didn't enjoy my Wii playthro...
    Too bad, because it could've been really wonderfu...
    Again, that was mostly in S1. And the occasional crashes and long loading times were annoying.
    With S2, my main gripe was the slowdown. Irritating, yes, but I was able to look past those since the game itself was so good.
  • edited September 2010
    i would say no because the graphics are too high for the wii and if it was on the wii everything will crash down like with season 2 ... unless they downgrade the graphics and figure out the controls for the wii it will take a while or a really long time
    sorry no it wont be for the wii .. get a PS3 or for PC or mac =P dont worry its not on xbox 360 either
  • edited September 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    i would say no because the graphics are too high for the wii and if it was on the wii everything will crash down like with season 2

That's more of a bad port than the Wii's fault. I'm certain it can be done, what I don't know is if whoever ports it would care to do it properly.
  • edited September 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    i would say no because the graphics are too high for the wii and if it was on the wii everything will crash down like with season 2 ... unless they downgrade the graphics and figure out the controls for the wii it will take a while or a really long time
    I keep hearing this argument, but I'm not really buyin' it.
    The secret to making games look good on Wii isn't in the console's power, it's in art direction. And from what I've seen of TDP, I think it could work. Its beauty is in the cartoony style, not how realistic it looks.
  • edited September 2010
    DrFurball wrote: »
    That was mostly in Season one. What really bugged me about that was that the gag about Bosco's nametag being visible when he's in disguise was lost because you couldn't tell what it said. S2 improved on it, though.

Again, that was mostly in S1. And the occasional crashes and long loading times were annoying.
    With S2, my main gripe was the slowdown. Irritating, yes, but I was able to look past those since the game itself was so good.

Alright, I'll have to admit. I was so dissapointed with Season one, that I didn't even buy Season two (on Wii that is). I don't even know if it ever got released in the Netherlands.
    Anyway, I read a review of Season two and it said that it has the same problems.
  • edited October 2010
    The secret to making games look good on Wii isn't in the console's power, it's in art direction. And from what I've seen of TDP, I think it could work. Its beauty is in the cartoony style, not how realistic it looks.

The trick behind developing for the Wii is developing for that platform instead of porting from others. Platforms like the Xbox and Xbox 360 are really well structured, platforms like the PlayStation, Wii and GameCube are not. Nintendo consoles can deliver quite some graphical punch, but only if you really try to get the bottom out of them. Telltale has shown us that they're not too good at that...
  • edited October 2010

well it worked great with super mario galaxy 2
    but... trust me the graphics are too high right now and wii cant handle that type of graphics (i mean like HD graphics) so thats why Devils playhouse is not on wii ... im not sure why they skip the 360??? oh well =D PS3 is awesome ...and PC too
  • edited October 2010
    It runs fine on the iPad and it runs perfectly fine on my laptop. I still don't buy the "it's too powerful" excuse.
  • edited October 2010
    If it's to be on the Wii it has to be on a disc because of the limitations of WiiWare. Which means that the whole season has to be repackaged and rebuilt for the coding structures of the Wii and that will take time if Telltale do it themselves. Especially as new projects always take priority over porting existing games. Of course it could be outsourced which again can take time as it depends on who does it and how invested they are in the project.

In short, I believe that Telltale will want to get a Wii version out at some point, just don't be hoping for anything any time soon.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.