A Proposition for Telltale Games

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
Dear Telltale Games:

First of all, "The City That Dares Not Sleep" was a fantastic episode - it made me cry, which is personally a first for me, and felt like an excellent ending to a brilliant series. (Although I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping that you will continue to make Sam & Max games.)

However, I'm also sure that I'm not alone in the disappointment I felt over the lack of a musical number in this episode. Musical numbers are a Sam & Max tradition. In every adaptation of the duo's adventures, there's been one; even back in the comics. ("Manatee, sweet manatee..." :D)

I can understand the supposed reasoning behind not having a proper song and dance routine in this season. After all, it was much darker than previous instalments of the franchise, and the episodes grew progressively more serious until the emotional finale. A silly musical number like "Good For You (Good For Me)" would have felt out of place, possibly tacky and forced, detracting from the more serious tone of The Devil's Playhouse.

But that doesn't change the fact that musical numbers are as much a part of Sam & Max as the fights over the phone or Sam's "Holy...!" exclamations. It's a tradition that many fans were disappointed by the abandoment of for season three, as we were expectantly waiting for it with each episodes release.

You can make amends by releasing a belated musical number, perhaps as a special bonus track with the release of the soundtrack. I don't think it honestly matters what it is, as long as someone, somehow, is singing a song from Sam & Max. (Ooh, alliteration.) Personally, I would like an arrangement of the Toybox Song from The Penal Zone. We love the toybox...

Oh, yeah, I...uh, I have your family. If you do not comply, I will be forced to...to do something very unpleasant to them. Probably torture, I dunno. So...yeah. You have as long as you feel like it to meet my demands.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Maybe they could put one in the season 3 dvd as a bonus.
  • edited September 2010
    I was under the impression that much of the DVD has already been done. Jake said something about what was on the commentaries a while back.
    I'm keeping on hoping for a whole musical episode of something at some point. It's ambitious, but I bet telltale could pull it off.
  • SalSal
    edited September 2010
    I thought my musical number when you read my mind in 304 was good! Surely that was a good enough number?
  • edited September 2010
    Sal wrote: »
    I thought my musical number when you read my mind in 304 was good! Surely that was a good enough number?

I don't know about everyone else, but I wouldn't mind having Sal serenade Stinky with "Strangers in the Night," or maybe "Summer Winds."
  • edited September 2010
    Yes Telltale, please, do it!! Add a musical number as a bonus content in the DVD!! Pleaaaaaase!!!
  • edited September 2010
    We need sal holding a boombox over his head and wearing a trenchcoat, playing peter gabriel. Fan art thread: make it happen!
  • edited September 2010
    We've already got a few.

- The Mole Song
    - "Stackin some crates up, dooby dooby doo"
    - The first line of "King of The Creatures"
  • SalSal
    edited September 2010
    I don't know about everyone else, but I wouldn't mind having Sal serenade Stinky with "Strangers in the Night," or maybe "Summer Winds."

Oh, gee. I don't know about my singing, guys but I'm afraid that I won't be serenading Stinky any time soon.... :(
  • edited September 2010
    Oh, gee. I don't know about my singing, guys but I'm afraid that I won't be serenading Stinky any time soon.... :(

tacticalfacepalmi.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    We've already got a few.

- The Mole Song
    - "Stackin some crates up, dooby dooby doo"
    - The first line of "King of The Creatures"

Well, maybe the crate song counts...but still, man, come on! We need, like...a huge, orchestral arrangement complete with a dance routine in order to appease us.
  • edited September 2010
    Yes, we need a musical number or I will not buy the DVD! Oh, wait... I already did. DAMNIT! Now I can't haggle.

Oh well, please make it happen, Telltale!
  • edited September 2010
    who cares
  • edited September 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    who cares

Jesus christ, do you have to post in EVERY thread? It's nearly spamming.
  • edited September 2010
    yes if i care about it
  • edited September 2010
    I love the music, but you guys need to let it go. Maybe it'll be an extra on the DVD or the soundtrack and if it isn't, oh well. There's no shortage of good music.
  • edited September 2010
    Still, ABlackEyedPea, nothing wrong with letting Telltale know we'd appreciate it a lot :P
  • edited September 2010
    who cares
    2 posts later
    i care about it
  • SalSal
    edited September 2010
    Cmon now, guys. Let's not be mean to seaboatH20. He's a human/giant cockroach too, you know.
  • edited September 2010

What about a retroactive serenade, taking place between 304 and 305? At the very least before 305.
  • edited September 2010
    seibert999 wrote:
    i care about it
    you faked that because i meant the posting on all threads
  • edited September 2010
    I'm still confused as to why so many thought for so long that they were going to get a "musical number". They just "assumed" it was going to happen.

I really don't think it would have fit with the themes, anyway.
  • edited September 2010
    Oh come on guys, you don't remember Sam singing "Let's all go for a ride in my magical BALOOOOOOON!"
  • edited September 2010
    There is a musical number, but I doubt a lot of people actually consider The Junior Summon a musical number but it sure feels like it. The singing, the shouting, the demonic egg yolk about to burst out of an evil realm...

If that's not a good enough musical number I don't know what is. But maybe the Mole Song was a good musical... Although I count Sam's little mind song much better.
  • edited September 2010
    Guys, we already had a musical number that was played in the finale of 304. It was just evil, was all.
  • edited September 2010
    Guys, we already had a musical number that was played in the finale of 304. It was just evil, was all.

Yeah, but we're not one for yer fancy pants puzzle-type musical numbers all the young'ins are into today. Damn kids and they interactivity! In my day...
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah, but we're not one for yer fancy pants puzzle-type musical numbers all the young'ins are into today. Damn kids and they interactivity! In my day...

In my day we had ROCKS! And we were thankful for them rocks!
  • edited September 2010
    Remember Sam sang a song!
    "This gun was made for shooting, and thats what it will do. One of these days this gun is gonna shoot all over you..."
    Not a actual musical number, but it made me smile. :)
  • edited September 2010
    We didn't have a musical number. On the other hand, we had Sam's Dance of the Third Degree o.O
  • edited September 2010
    We did have a Musical, pretty much the ending of 304 was a load of demented and twisted Nursery Rhymes, we just happened to be solving puzzles during it!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.