Adventure Pack

edited September 2010 in Game Support
Hi, just purchased the Adventure Pack, and I'm having some trouble with the login screen upon first firing it up. I put in my username and password, but when I hit Login> nothing happens. I've tried running as admin, changing compatability to WinXP SP3, but nothing will allow me past the screen. Right clicking only gives me the option to open the image. It doesn't even display any indication that it is loading, and I gave it about 5 minutes after clicking. Perhaps a snippet of code where the button doesn't actually point to any executables within the code?

Specs:
Win7 64-bit
Intel C2Q Processor @2.83 GHz
8GB RAM
hd radeon 5970

Thanks.

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited September 2010
    It looks like everyone is having the same problem.
    Let's hope Telltale fixes it quickly.
  • edited September 2010
    Having an identical issue. The login screen appears, but nothing actually happens when login is clicked.

XP
    Quadcore 6700
    4gb RAM

C'mon guys, I'm a fan, but it'd be nice if you had this stuff troubleshooted before release!
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah I'm pretty sure this issue is universal. I'm getting it, too.
  • edited September 2010
    Got it too.
  • edited September 2010
    Glad to know that I'm not hallucinating - not a very good marketing tool to put a broken product out for a charity deal...
  • edited September 2010
    I'm guessing they haven't put it live yet.. which is strange considering they're already selling it..

I also find it really crummy to download a 30 meg app that is just a browser window to a website :p

But it was a bargain.. so I'll reserve my judgement for now..
  • edited September 2010
    +1 give em time.
  • edited September 2010
    Looks like the issue has been resolved. Happy gaming, everyone!
  • edited September 2010
    hasn't been resolved for me.... grumble

[EDIT]...errr...check that...i was trying the wrong password...

*sheepish grin*
  • edited September 2010
    Now I can download the games, but I do not know in what folder they are downloaded.
    I even do not know how to change the download folder.
  • edited September 2010
    oled_123 wrote: »
    Now I can download the games, but I do not know in what folder they are downloaded.
    I even do not know how to change the download folder.

Grab a copy of Sysinternals Process Monitor, then play with the filters to see what files the downloader is writing to while the download is in progress. That should tell you exactly where the data is being written.
  • edited September 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    Grab a copy of Sysinternals Process Monitor, then play with the filters to see what files the downloader is writing to while the download is in progress. That should tell you exactly where the data is being written.

Or, you could just go to \MyDocuments\TelltaleGames\ and you'll find all the installers there..

Which is in my opinion a bit annoying, as I installed the bundle to a secondary drive as the system drive was getting full.. It should really have downloaded the installers to the directory the Bundle itself was set to install to. This whole process would have been a whole lot easier if they games just appeared in the list of purchased products in the websites 'your games' section under a Adventure Bundle header.. and we could have just downloaded and installed them individually from there without what feels, to me, an unnecessary extra step.
  • edited September 2010
    I still can't get past the login... What gives?
  • edited September 2010
    Hi all,

I've just bought the adventure bundle, got past the login button and am now waiting forever for the download to start. Whatever download I initiate, it just says "Initializing download..." and nothing ever happens.

Any idea how to resolve that? Any hints?

Thanks
  • edited September 2010
    Bought the adventure pack and having no luck at all. So far I only have tried to download Whispered World and Puzzle Agent. When I click on install both games, I get a pop-up that says : Error opening file for writing, Abort/retry/ignore. (abort is only one that works.) Now, I am an old lady with very little computer knowledge. Hopefully there is an easy fix? I would try re-downloading but I see no way to do this from the installer thingie.
  • edited September 2010
    You can solve that "minor" problem by clicking with the right button and pressing RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR, or something like that. You will be able to install it like that, although you will have to face with further errors while playing... Wish you luck!
  • edited September 2010
    Camerooni wrote: »
    Or, you could just go to \MyDocuments\TelltaleGames\ and you'll find all the installers there..

Which is in my opinion a bit annoying, as I installed the bundle to a secondary drive as the system drive was getting full.. It should really have downloaded the installers to the directory the Bundle itself was set to install to. This whole process would have been a whole lot easier if they games just appeared in the list of purchased products in the websites 'your games' section under a Adventure Bundle header.. and we could have just downloaded and installed them individually from there without what feels, to me, an unnecessary extra step.

Totally agree. TellTale Games really needs to rethink this.
    I got the Tales Of Monkey Island bundle, but every game is individually accessable in "Your Games". I don't understand why they altered a perfectly good practice to this big turn off.
This discussion has been closed.