Uncensored Swears in this game are a BAD IDEA.

PLEASE, Admins, Shut-Down my topic here... I want to avoid confusion.
(if this is still open, read the edit at the end of this post.)

Hello,
I just found on H.R. Wiki that this game will have UNCENSORED swears!
Also, I have browsed Penny Arcade Adventures comic and Tycho often uses the "F-bomb" and other very bad words.
We need to think of the younger fans here. Just think: "They come for Strong Bad and get the F-bomb...often."
This game must have a "No m-rated words" option in settings or I will not buy it.

EDIT: It has been confirmed by TTG Admins that this game, The Inventory, WILL HAVE censoring of swears after all. As for the HR wiki page, it has been edited with this info with in the last five minutes.
Thank you all very much for this surprisingly fast response.
And as for "making waves", as it were, I am sorry.
I simply wanted to make sure that the kids that play this game in the future would be alright.
Thanks again.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Jake posted in another thread that the swears will either be censored or there will be an option to censor them. I think the HRwiki has its info a little wrong.
  • edited September 2010
    That seems interesting...but who is "Jake?"
  • edited September 2010
    Gumbyfan wrote: »
    That seems interesting...but who is "Jake?"

Jake works for telltale and also contributes to the forums regularly (he's an admin). He brings the official word (well, not all the time. He thinks for himself too and is known to joke around. But I mean, he's not just some random dude, he knows what he's talking about)

EDIT: Here is what he said about this:
    Jake wrote: »
    As for language, the game will either be bleeped or have an option to bleep.
  • edited September 2010
    I edited the page with info about the option to bleep.
  • edited September 2010
    Oh.
    Thank you very much, A. (I abridged your name because I could not spell it right.)

Could someone please post a link here to a forum in which Jake or another Admin talks about this feature?

Thank you in advance for the link.
  • edited September 2010
    Could someone please post a link here to a forum in which Jake or another Admin talks about this feature?

If you click on the blue square with an arrow to the right of Jake's name in my quote, it will bring you to his post.
    But here is the direct link if you prefer.
  • edited September 2010
    I just now saw A.'s edit.

Thank you all very much for this surprisingly fast response.

And as for "making waves", as it were, I am sorry.

I simply wanted to make sure that the kids that play this game in the future would be alright.

Thanks again. :)
  • edited September 2010
    In a perfect world, there would be no fucking bleeps.
  • edited September 2010
    In a perfect world, there would be no ****ing bleeps.

Fixed It.
  • edited September 2010
    I would like this topic closed to avoid confusion.

And thank you, Jake, for answering this question.

Please, admins, turn off posting to this topic because this issue has been attended to. :cool:
  • edited September 2010
    In a perfect world, there would be no ****ing *****s.

F***d it again.

I do think that even the potential for optional bleeps (as opposed to mandatory bleeps) is interesting, just because even optional content will affect the game's ESRB-type ratings, unless they made actual separate downloads with separate sku's. My personal prediction is that the game will end up rated T and that there won't end up being an option to uncensor the language, but we'll see.
  • edited September 2010
    I would like this topic closed to avoid confusion.

And thank you, Jake, for answering this question.

Please, admins, turn off posting to this topic because this issue has been attended to. :cool:

Well, now, threads will only REALLY get closed down once we all go off the rails, which takes about 2 pages average 'round these parts.
This discussion has been closed.