Adventure Games lock up

edited September 2010 in Game Support
I keep trying to download the games in the Pack but it keeps get (Not Responding) up in the title bar when I am trying to download. I have been unable to get a single game for the pack.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    If you're on Vista or Windows 7, can you try running the Bundle as an Administrator? You should be able to just right-click the icon and select the option.
  • edited September 2010
    I am running as administrator. I also gave it full access in McAfee program permissions.
  • edited September 2010
    The (Not Responding) will flash on and off and the progress bar does not seem to be moving. it is currently stuck at 58%.
  • edited September 2010
    Are you running any other Firewall programs (like Windows Firewall) that might restrict network traffic? Also, how's your internet connection in general? Are you have trouble downloading files from other sources? It's possible you might have lost your connection to the server. If that's the case, you should be able to close the Bundle and relaunch it, then resume the download. It should pick up from where ever it left off.
  • edited September 2010
    Let me put it this way: Nothing is blocking it, everything else related to the internet is fine, the program itself is doing the exact same thing no matter what I do
  • edited September 2010
    even though it keeps doing that, I have discovered it is still making progress, very very slow progress, it is up to 60% now. In another 10 hours I should have The Whispered World.
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Mateo - with regards to the Whispered World, it's a very large file you're attempting to download (around 2 gigs), so if you're connection happens to be slow you won't see much updating in the wrapper while it downloads. Do you know what you're internet connection speed is, by any chance? It sounds like it's downloading for you, just very slowly at this point.
  • edited September 2010
    It has actually speed up a little and now know it is very big helps. I don't know my speed but it usually downloads a telltale game in about 5-10 min.
  • edited September 2010
    mateo360 wrote: »
    It has actually speed up a little and now know it is very big helps. I don't know my speed but it usually downloads a telltale game in about 5-10 min.

A Telltale Game is at the most about 400 MB, The Whispered World is about 2 GB. That's probably why it's taking so long.
  • edited September 2010
    A Telltale Game is at the most about 400 MB, The Whispered World is about 2 GB. That's probably why it's taking so long.

The system requirements only say 1.2 gb are required.
  • edited September 2010
    It also went slow to me. 3 or 4 hours, I think, but at least it got downloaded...
This discussion has been closed.