Adventure Bundle downloading woes!

edited September 2010 in Game Support
Long time fan, first time whiner!

I have a problem while trying to download Kings Quest Collection from the Adventure Bundles application. What happens is the following:

The login and initiation of downloading the game works fine. The game will get to a point in the download, then the % will stop completely. While checking in Documents>Telltale Games>Adventure Bundle, the "kq-7" - Kings Quest Installer - application's size will gradually increase as the download goes on; however, as soon as the downloader freezes, the kq-7 app's size immediately falls to 1kb!

There is no set percentage to when the downloader stops - it's at a different percentage everytime. I'm running this as administrator.

I'm currently running Windows 7 64-bit, if that's any good to know.

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I have the exact same problem but for "The whispered world". So far I have gotten to 48% until the setup file reset to 1kB, though sometime it have stopped as early as 2%.

Running Windows 7 x64 aswell and have tried running the bundle installer as administrator without luck. There were no problem downloading and installing the other games.

EDIT:
    Ghorin wrote: »

Downloading the game from that URL and saving it to "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Telltale Games\Adventure Bundle" worked for me. :)
  • edited September 2010
    Tomtenizze wrote: »
    I have the exact same problem but for "The whispered world". So far I have gotten to 48% until the setup file reset to 1kB, though sometime it have stopped as early as 2%.

Running Windows 7 x64 aswell and have tried running the bundle installer as administrator without luck. There were no problem downloading and installing the other games.

EDIT:

Downloading the game from that URL and saving it to "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Telltale Games\Adventure Bundle" worked for me. :)

Thanks for the tip! The downloader managed to download the game and install it perfectly today, but I'll keep this in mind if it rears its ugly head again!
  • edited September 2010
    I can't even get the download in my purchases section... I'll try the individual downloads.... :(
    EDIT: The individual downloads aren't working either! They all stop at some point! D:
  • edited September 2010
    I can't even get the download in my purchases section... I'll try the individual downloads.... :(
    EDIT: The individual downloads aren't working either! They all stop at some point! D:

Try saving the individual downloads somewhere and run the application as an Administrator.
  • edited September 2010
    Can you add the direct download link for Puzzle Agent as well please?
  • edited September 2010
    cell-gfx wrote: »
    Can you add the direct download link for Puzzle Agent as well please?
    Just replace the end of the address above with puz-6.exe, that should work.
  • edited September 2010
    Hi all,

same for me. Running Win 7 x64, I was able to download only Penny Arcade and Puzzle Agent, of which only Penny Arcade runs flawless... I am seriously annoyed by Telltale's Bundle Launcher, imho this is a piece of **** and should be discontinued asap. Thanks for the links, will try that now.

Best
  • edited September 2010
    Graxer wrote: »
    Just replace the end of the address above with puz-6.exe, that should work.

Great, thanks!
  • edited September 2010
    I've so far downloaded Puzzle Agent, Kings Quest and Penny Arcade, but only Puzzle Agent will install. Neither of the other two installers verify correctly, irrespective of whether I run as administrator or not. Any ideas?
  • edited September 2010
    Delete the downloads and try again. It sometimes gets a few of the bits wrong.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm trying these instructions as we speak but all in all I have to say that Telltale really screwed this Adventure Bundle thing up.
  • edited September 2010
    Isn't working, the only way I can get the games to install is running them as an administrator but after a seemingly succesful installation I can't find the files anywhere in my computer, just the .exe file I started with. It seems that it's been like two weeks since these problems started to occur and there's no official help FAQ whatsoever, this really really pisses me off.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Youso wrote: »
    Isn't working, the only way I can get the games to install is running them as an administrator but after a seemingly succesful installation I can't find the files anywhere in my computer, just the .exe file I started with.

Once installed, you can start the games from the launcher.
  • edited September 2010
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    Once installed, you can start the games from the launcher.

Yeah, and I just discovered that I had to run the launcher through the administrator and now the KQ's are currently working. Haven't tried the others yet, Whispered World is currently loading.
  • edited September 2010
    Trided running many of them with the administrator privilege. Still not working.. Getting rather irritated.
  • edited September 2010
    I tired downloading this Great Adventure Bundle and All I got some unreadable files what do I do?

and please keep in layman terms I only know basic stuff about computers
This discussion has been closed.