King's Quest IV - Adventure Bundle verification

edited September 2010 in Game Support
I realize this might not be a Telltale issue, per se. The game tries to verify legal ownership by asking for random words from the manual, but it doesn't come with one. I had to look up a manual online, but it does this verification every time you start the game. It would be nice if either a manual was included or available for download, if the verification was removed or only required one time, or if there were some other option. Perhaps this is Vivendi's fault (the publisher that released the collection), I'm not really sure. But hopefully there's a work-around. If there's one I don't know about, let me know.

By the way, the Adventure Bundle is fantastic. I hope it does really well.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    The manual is there it is in whatever folder you installed GAB in.
    ex: C:\Program Files\Telltale Game\Adventure Bundle
    There should be a folder called King's Quest and then a folder in that called manuals.
  • edited September 2010
    Oh, of course I overlooked that. -_- Thanks, mateo360. I wonder why they did it this way though. All of the KQ manuals are compiled into one, and you have to scroll through the thing to get to KQIV, which starts on page 21. Then you have to count the page numbers to figure out what the original page number was. It's like a puzzle in itself. @_o Cool that it actually has the manual, though.
  • edited September 2010
    Darkmire wrote: »
    Oh, of course I overlooked that. -_- Thanks, mateo360. I wonder why they did it this way though. All of the KQ manuals are compiled into one, and you have to scroll through the thing to get to KQIV, which starts on page 21. Then you have to count the page numbers to figure out what the original page number was. It's like a puzzle in itself. @_o Cool that it actually has the manual, though.

If you want seperate manuals look over there:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=375390&postcount=104
  • edited September 2010
    Darkmire wrote: »

These are the exact same files in the cd version I have and it is all one manual in that one to.
This discussion has been closed.