Please Help. King's Quest collection from bundle

edited September 2010 in Game Support
I haven't tried any of the other games yet but this is driving me crazy.

First of all, I am running Vista 32. I download the bundle installer and go to install KQ. The verifier runs to 100% and then immediately:

Error opening file for writing

A license.txt file is not in the KQ folder under the telltale directory. Am I doing something wrong here? I have the serial for my purchase. Am I suppose to enter this thing? I tried downloading KQ directly from a link on another thread here and the same thing happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    So I reinstalled the installer and now all 7 of the KQ show up under the heading. Nothing happens when I click on any of them. Anyone else having this much trouble?
  • edited September 2010
    That's easy.Download the games, but DON'T install them.Go into your PC's document folder,and findthe installers for the games. Right-click the installer, and click "Run as Administrator. The game will install without a hitch.
  • edited September 2010
    Once you get it installed, check out my thread to see how to tweak the settings to bring the games, for the most part, to full screen!
  • edited September 2010
    Once you get it installed, check out my thread to see how to tweak the settings to bring the games, for the most part, to full screen!

Can you post a link?
  • edited September 2010
    cell-gfx wrote: »
    Can you post a link?
    It's here.
  • edited September 2010
    i have the same problem when i try to install, it downloaded with no problem but then it wont install. The bundle application shows only a big INSTALL button so i cant choose one of the KQ games, and cant find any file or folder with the KQ stuff... ¿what to do?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Pablo wrote: »
    i have the same problem when i try to install, it downloaded with no problem but then it wont install. The bundle application shows only a big INSTALL button so i cant choose one of the KQ games, and cant find any file or folder with the KQ stuff... ¿what to do?
    Once downloaded, the installer for the games can be found under Telltale Games\Adventure Bundle inside your My Documents directory.
    Try running the installer from there (as administrator) instead of having the launcher do it.
  • edited September 2010
    yep, that solved it, thanks!

(is there any way to tell stupwin7 to do everything as administrator?
    its annoying...)
  • edited September 2010
    Pablo wrote: »
    (is there any way to tell stupwin7 to do everything as administrator? its annoying...)

You wouldnt want to run as Root. I mean, yeah, it's possible, but it opens you up to all kinds of security ricks.
  • edited September 2010
    risk is my second name! just tell me how plz!
    i prefer confronting the terrible hordes of trojans and viruses than having to give permission to my SO even to use minesweeper xD
This discussion has been closed.