Major cursor lag in the great adventure bundle

edited September 2010 in Game Support
The lag is so bad that it renders the games basically unplayable and that's a bummer.
I have tried increasing pointer speed through the control panel; no luck.
I have noted the suggestion to "lower the graphics quality" but I'm not seeing that option available on, say, puzzle agent. Changing resolution is not helping.
Can anyone help me with this? I'd really like to play these games or get refunded.

System specs:
Windows Vista
3 gig ram
Athlon 64 Dual core processor w/2.2ghz
ATI Radeon X1200

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    You have a rather weak integrated graphics chip, which could cause trouble with some games performance wise.

Puzzle Agent doesn't have a graphics quality setting, but i think i read somewhere in this forum that it is around quality level 3 of earlier games.

Is it an issue with all games, or just puzzle agent?

Also please post a dxdiag log to give us some more information.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited September 2010
    Jack Keane runs fine.
    Lowering the resolution on Penny Arcade works.
    No such luck with Puzzle Agent, which I was hoping to play with my girlfriend.
    Dxdiag is attached.
    Any help would be appreciated.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    It looks like there's not much you can do. It probably won't do much, but you can try adjusting 3D settings in the catalyst control center to the lowest.

Sadly your system has no expansion slot for a decent graphics card, so your best chance is to play on a different PC. Otherwise you can request a refund at support@telltalegames.com.
This discussion has been closed.