S&M Withdrawal Syndrome

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
Holy crap, I'm actually suffering from Sam & Max withdrawal syndrome!

The voices... THE VOICES! Is there no retreat? I need more S&M, and I need it now, you hear me?! I'll cut you! I'll cut you!

...So, umm... I'm not alone in this, right?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    If you don't have the first 2 seasons, you might want to get them, they'd probably help the syndrome.
  • edited September 2010
    Hell no, you're not alone!

I'm actually kind of worried...when I become obsessed with a series, I usually stop caring after a month or so, and I'm terrified that I'm going to stop caring about Sam and Max by October. It's stupid, I know, but still...

What usually happens in these forums between seasons? Do they just kind of die, or do people keep posting? Because right now, they're the only thing that's keeping me sane.

...wow, I feel pathetic.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, in the next few months I will be buying Surfin' the Highway and Hit the Road. I should be fine.
  • edited September 2010
    Straight after Season 3 I installed Hit the Road and began playing it straight away! This has so far kept me sane.
  • edited September 2010
    I wish I had Hit the Road...I missed the boat on that one. Why didn't my unborn self care more Sam & Max Back then?! DAMN YOU!

I got lucky this time; I didn't buy seasons one or two until about a month before The Devil's Playhouse was announced, so I didn't really experience withdrawal between seasons two and three. I just had a little wait. I'm not sure if I'll be able to cope this time. :(

But if I start to feel the withdrawal, I'll begin slowly. I'll rewatch the animated series, reread Surfin' the Highway, replay seasons one and two, then replay season three. Rinse and repeat. Hopefully this'll stave off any further symptoms until season four is announced.
  • edited September 2010
    Argh, I feel the same. Although I'll have Surfin' the Highway whenever the DVD and posters are ready. After that, I'm planning to replay the seasons (sometime after the race). Then I don't know what I'll do. Maybe pray for a season 4 to come out soon...
  • edited September 2010
    I think I get episodic gaming withdrawal syndrome...
    What with this forum, the feeling that loads of people are playing the games along with you for 6 months is just really good.
    Anyone else think that?
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah, actually...I liked knowing that I'm not alone. I'm sincerely hoping that this forum keeps me steady until season four, or the super ultra secret bonus episode six is released.
  • edited September 2010
    To be honest, I'll probably find myself getting into another series, then being pulled back in to Sam & Max when it continues.
  • edited September 2010
    Being on the forum has helped me tremendously! I actually signed up after finishing the game! I used to just read the forums. With class starting for me next week I'm gonna have to concentrate though.
    But argh!!! The story, the graphics, the voices.... *deep breaths*

Maybe I should submit my resume and try to work as a writer for Tell Tale.:p
    For now just talking about the series will do.
    .....somebody hold me :(
  • edited September 2010
    Yea, i have that too! Ugh. @_@ but at least I'm getting the universal games & Poker night at the inventory to keep me busy... While I wait for... Season 4... *_*
  • edited September 2010
    I've got job hunting and such to keep my mind occupied, but during my free time, I feel a bit sad, because I'm not counting down Tuesdays anymore :C
  • edited September 2010
    Yes, it does feel strange that the season is over. However, I've been putting off replaying Season 2 for a while now - maybe it's time for that!
  • edited September 2010
    I got the animated series and the Sam and Max Race to tide me over, so I should last about a month or two before i suffer withdrawal, but then it'll be Halloween, and I'll be going out as Sam. THEN, I'll start to go crazy. Well, at least until Telltale releases Poker Night, Back to the Future, and Jurassic Park, by which time, they'll have announced another new title, which I will receive immediately after Jurassic Park. See, I plan AHEAD.
  • edited September 2010
    I got the animated series and the Sam and Max Race to tide me over, so I should last about a month or two before i suffer withdrawal, but then it'll be Halloween, and I'll be going out as Sam. THEN, I'll start to go crazy. Well, crazier.

How odd, I was thinking of being Max for Halloween. I just wish I knew someone who can make like..those huge impressive costumes so I could be Maxageddon because that would be INCREDIBLY fitting for a Halloween costume.
  • edited September 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    I wish I had Hit the Road...I missed the boat on that one. Why didn't my unborn self care more Sam & Max Back then?! DAMN YOU!

I would have been too young for its release as well, but I really wanted to play it, so I got a copy off of Ebay for £8. It's great! I really love the graphics too.
  • edited September 2010
    Watch the cartoons, they're great. Theres' a guy with the nick "torturetoi" who uploaded them on youtube with great quality. If you like them, buy the DVD (that's what I'm doing as soon as I figure out how)
  • edited September 2010
    I've been suffering S&M withdrawal. I got into Sam and Max at the beginning of this year, so I've been playing all three season directly in a row. Now I have to find a copy of Hit the Road...
  • edited September 2010
    Fan Art guys, Fan Art. That keep me sane
  • edited September 2010
    Can't say I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms, but then again, I rebought Save the World and Through Time and Space for the PC even though I already have them on Wii just so I could play them on my laptop any time I need some Sam and Max so... XD
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Fan Art guys, Fan Art. That keep me sane

This too, though I think I draw way too much S&M and not enough anything else these days >.>
  • edited September 2010
    I'm planning to buy the seasons on PC too. Even though I own the XBLA versions. Although, I'm planning to buy all sorts of stuff here (TOMI, Posters, maybe a T-Shirt) etc)... Just don't know when I will. Maybe next year...
  • edited September 2010
    Not really. I got obsessively into Sam & Max in June 2008, a month after Season 2 finished. That was a long wait.

The forums don't die between games, so that helped. So did writing fanfiction and looking at fanart.
  • edited September 2010
    Since I was pretty disappointed in Season Three on the whole, I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not having another episode this/next month.
  • edited September 2010
    narkonarkotikar168165c6gu.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    Dandi8 wrote: »
    Holy crap, I'm actually suffering from Sam & Max withdrawal syndrome!

The voices... THE VOICES! Is there no retreat? I need more S&M, and I need it now, you hear me?! I'll cut you! I'll cut you!

...So, umm... I'm not alone in this, right?
    :eek:the last 2 days i have been plaing all the episodes of season 3 again, whatching like 3 times perday, telltale forum,blog and twitter, im totally insane, sooo, i will say your not along :( i just finished plaing the season 3 for second time, and some episodes i have played them 3 times, naw im going to play season 2...even when i have alredy played the episode Night of the Raving Dead by naw, well i guess some of us will have to play all the sesons again, whatch, the show read the comic, have some unavoidable fanfic work on our imagination, speculating what is going to happend on the next season or what happened to the other max and the other sam...and im agree with ginny, fanart works tooxD, but i dont think i cant waith 2 years for next season, sniff.
  • edited September 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    The forums don't die between games, so that helped. So did writing fanfiction and looking at fanart.

I'm so glad to hear that. The forums are the only things that keep me going right now.

Speaking of fanfiction...I'm not ashamed to admit that I read and write it, but does anyone post S&M stories on websites other than FanFiction.net? The archives there are pitifully small, but I'd like to read more.

Please don't make any "S&M" or "pitifully small" jokes.
  • edited September 2010
    Well there are a bunch on the deviantArt group.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm so glad to hear that. The forums are the only things that keep me going right now.

Speaking of fanfiction...I'm not ashamed to admit that I read and write it, but does anyone post S&M stories on websites other than FanFiction.net? The archives there are pitifully small, but I'd like to read more.

Please don't make any "S&M" or "pitifully small" jokes.

i see one comming in my case, but as my english is terrible, maybe i will write it on spanish.
  • edited September 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    Well there are a bunch on the deviantArt group.

:p YAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • edited September 2010
    gilau wrote: »
    i see one comming in my case, but as my english is terrible, maybe i will write it on spanish.

A fanfic? If you want to I can help you with the translation.
  • edited September 2010
    <.3,
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    A fanfic? If you want to I can help you with the translation.
    really? that would be great, i mean, do you speack spanish? 8D thank you a lot, i mean if you dont have a problem helping me, and having your opinion of the fic to impruve it would be cool to. <:3
  • edited September 2010
    Vivo en el mismo país que tú, asi que, sí, sí hablo español XD
  • edited September 2010
    Ésto de encontrar gente que habla español en un foro en inglés muchas veces me tiene consternada ^^!
  • edited September 2010
    Thankfully I have multiple other fandoms to keep me occupied in the meantime. :D November/Christmas is going to be awesome for my Assassin's Creed/Rayman ones (And Rayman Origins is going to be released in episodes, too! Good call, Ubi. Good call :) )

And the idea of re-playing the first two seasons / Hit the Road again doesn't sound too bad, either. It's been a while from my last time.

Plus, fan-art. I love doing it. <3
  • edited September 2010
    Harald B already linked to the group, but I'll just link to my fics that aren't on fanfiction.net:
    1sentence Harry/Sam
    Vampirism Never Pays
    Glasses
    Sam and Peepers
  • edited September 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Vivo en el mismo país que tú, asi que, sí, sí hablo español XD
    hahahahahaha, afortunada coinsidencia xD, pues si, hasta tú yo y ginny podriamos unir fuerzas creativas para un fic, buahahahahahaha >8).
  • edited September 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Ésto de encontrar gente que habla español en un foro en inglés muchas veces me tiene consternada ^^!
    agree ^^.
  • edited September 2010
    Fun fact: Just for the hell of it, I tried listening to Kid Beyond today. I can no longer enjoy their music, because whenever I listen to it, I picture the Narrator beatboxing. RUINED FOREVER.
  • edited September 2010
    Fun fact: Just for the hell of it, I tried listening to Kid Beyond today. I can no longer enjoy their music, because whenever I listen to it, I picture the Narrator beatboxing. RUINED FOREVER.

D: But Kid Beyond's stuff is excellent! Give it another chance!
  • edited September 2010
    Mexicanas al grito de guerra, jajajaja

I bought the book with the comics. Should tide me over for some time.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.