[Adventure Bundle] Can't login

edited November 2010 in Game Support
I can't log in through the Adventure Bundle window.
I click Login, and it seems to do nothing. I've redownloaded multiple times, but I haven't had any luck so far.

I've read through a few threads on these forums, and it seems this was a relatively common problem until TTG rereleased a 'fixed' client. It's still not working for me.

Does anybody have the solution to my problem, or do I have to wait on another 'fix' from TTG?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I'm also having this same problem and I do not know what else to do. :(
  • edited September 2010
    Still have had no luck, seriously considering getting a refund.
  • edited September 2010
    I also have this same problem.
    Which is a shame because I really want to play Puzzle Agent.
    If it helps, I have Windows 7.
  • edited September 2010
    The worst of it all is that Telltale Games has not yet ruled on this issue.
  • edited September 2010
    Getting the same issue. Really frustrating. I bought this to play this weekend and have been looking forward to it all day :(

Windows Vista if it helps. I might try it on my laptop running Windows 7, see if that helps.
  • edited September 2010
    I have the same issue on Windows 7. I just bought it an hour ago. I am honestly going to contact customer support and ask for a refund.
  • edited September 2010
    Hey everyone,

Can you double-check to make sure that you're putting in the correct user name and password? Also, once you click "Login", make sure you give it a little bit, around 10 seconds or so, so it can complete the login process.
  • edited September 2010
    Hello,

I bought the Adventure Bundle yesterday.

I downloaded the file and installed it. When I click on the "Adventure Bundle"-icon, all I get is an message "Checking for online mode access". After that I have an gray window with an "Adventure Bundle" logo in it. I cannot log in and do not have any buttons or whatever.

Reinstalled several times, always the same.

Very disappointing first buy from Telltale.

My system: Win XP 32 bit SP3, Intel Quad Core with ATI 5850.

• edited September 2010
    Just found out what the problem was:

Avira Antivirus Professional is blocking the programm (without an alert).

You have to disable "Web Guard" in order to make the launcher start.

Strange, it's the first software with which I encounter this problem.
  • edited September 2010
    While I didn't have a problem logging in on Windows 7 x64, I would like to ask the good fine people at Telltale to please write a better login interface: considering that tabbing between fields has been a standard interface item for Windows for the past 15 years, and on Mac for the past several, I don't think it's unreasonable to make it standard even with a two-field page on your games.
  • edited September 2010
    Username and password are both guaranteed 100% correct. I've left the login 'attempt' to work its magic for roughly 10-15 minutes. No error, no warnings no status progression.

I've created exceptions in my anti-virus (AVG) and also tried running the .exe as an administrator.

I'm running Windows Vista and am fully up to date on all my software. My internet is running like Speedy Gonzalez and my computer has never had any problems before installing or logging into other Telltale Games; Monkey Island and Sam and Max.

As others have said this login screen is such an absolute poor show whomever is responsible should have a stern talking to from Max.

I find it utterly ridiculous that the most difficult puzzle I'm probably going to face is the installation.

Please Help :P
  • edited September 2010
    And now I can't even download the launcher. Seriously, if this doesn't work by the end of the week (or some progress/refund) I'm going to talk with my credit card company.
  • edited September 2010
    Already downloaded and installed several times unsuccessfully - and once again I really do not know what alternatives to use. Please, do something that allows me and all the other people who are having this problem to get to enjoy Adventure Bundle.
  • edited September 2010
    Jandeilson wrote: »
    Already downloaded and installed several times unsuccessfully - and once again I really do not know what alternatives to use. Please, do something that allows me and all the other people who are having this problem to get to enjoy Adventure Bundle.

It appear that if you have the wrong UN or PW nothing will happen. If you haven't use your forum username and password and see if that works.
  • edited September 2010
    Still having the exact same problem.
    I am certain that my password is correct, and have waited the recommended 10 seconds (and more).

When I click "Login", nothing at all happens, there is no hourglass cursor, etc...
    I bought this bundle 2 weeks ago, and have not accessed anything beyond the login page, or received any word from the product support email.
  • edited September 2010
    Hi, guys.

I do not know if I really got definitive identification of their solution to this problem, but I believe that this problem is because the password for some users, for example, I changed my password to a more "easy" and could finally access the Adventure Bundle.

Thanks!
  • edited September 2010
    mechanoid wrote: »
    Just found out what the problem was:
    Avira Antivirus Professional is blocking the programm (without an alert).
    You have to disable "Web Guard" in order to make the launcher start.
    Strange, it's the first software with which I encounter this problem.

Thanks sooo much!
    This solved my problems which were the exact same as yours.

To the guys still having problems: You can try to download the games individually (see this thread for the links). By doing so, I could play Puzzle Agent (great game!) without any problems.

The one thing you have to take care about regarding Puzzle Agent: Switch your language/regional code to English (US) via the control panel. Otherwise you won't see any words. (Bei Puzzle Agent muss man über Systemsteuerung > Regions- und Sprachoptionen auf English (US) umschalten, sonst wird keine Schrift angezeigt und man kann das Spiel nicht spielen).
  • edited November 2010
    I managed to get mine working downloading and activating Hotspot Shiel (as told by another member) and deactivating my Firewall and then downloading it again... It did work. But every time i go to open up the game i have to do it again which takes a while.... anyone know what i can do?
  • edited November 2010
    cathryn wrote: »
    I managed to get mine working downloading and activating Hotspot Shiel (as told by another member) and deactivating my Firewall and then downloading it again... It did work. But every time i go to open up the game i have to do it again which takes a while.... anyone know what i can do?

What do you have to do again? Run hotspot shield or download the game?
This discussion has been closed.