Sam's Issues...

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
Did anyone notice that Sam has some issues? In Culture Shock, once Max is out of the party Sam obsesses over his absence like a puppy. Click on videotape, Max would love that. Click on chair, Max would love to sit there. Click on calendar, Sigh Max... In They stole Max's brain, Sam's reaction is a little extreme but understandable. In the City that never sleeps, Sam acts like a jerk to Sybil, and would have let the City burn to the ground hadn't Max stepped in and saved the day. Did anyone else notice anything?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Here are some more obvious ones:
    He is clearly very sensetive to remarks about his wieght and also has self-image issues caused by the Samulacra (Most noticeable if you find and click on the golden shorts when all the clones are going into the warehouse)
  • edited September 2010
    he didn't care about there absence in hit the road
  • edited September 2010
    In that case he knew Max was safe though.
  • edited September 2010
    Of course he obsess like a puppy... he IS a puppy! :D

Well Sam has always been protective of Max (just as much as he kicks him around) NO one can attack Max bu him. Seriously check out the cartoons, the only times he's angry is when Max is attacked
  • edited September 2010
    Plus when people give him "pink bellies". :D
  • edited September 2010
    Spoilers
    Sam actually went insane and brutally murdered everyone after Momma Bosco failed to clone Max, his reuniting with the alternate Max at the end was all a delusion created in Sam's mind because he couldn't cope with Max's death. Sam is currently strapped to the wall in a mental institution, muttering incoherently about fudgecicles and little buddies cracking him up.

See, that plot twist can be added to anything. Try it!
  • edited September 2010
    You just reminded me of another one...When you check the dogglegangers at the warehouse and you see one of the Sams pick up a stuff bunny and cuddle it (cute) you hear Sam make a commentary about how diligent his clones are and when the camera goes back to him he's holding Max the same way in an absent-minded trance. (kind of cute but creepy)
  • edited September 2010
    Hahahah I absolutely loved that one :D
  • edited September 2010
    Max probably leaves the radio on when he goes out alone, so that Sam thinks someone's home and doesn't feel lonely.

Do you think Sam ever wags his tail?
  • edited September 2010
    But, Sam doesn't have a tail...
  • edited September 2010
    I was actually wondering about that...we have no way at all of knowing whether he has one or not, because we've never been in a position to actually see it. I mean, he wears pants and shorts and stuff, and he's too humanoid to ever be naked like Max without scarring kids for life.

He's a dog, though...he probably does. Maybe. I dunno?
  • edited September 2010
    notail.png

I'm basically using this for my reference of 'no tail' Sam.
  • edited September 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    notail.png

I'm basically using this for my reference of 'no tail' Sam.

GAH! Where the hell did that come from? :eek:
  • edited September 2010
    I got no idea, I think it's from one of Steve's famous sketchbooks that're out of print.
  • edited September 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    I was actually wondering about that...we have no way at all of knowing whether he has one or not, because we've never been in a position to actually see it. I mean, he wears pants and shorts and stuff, and he's too humanoid to ever be naked like Max without scarring kids for life.

He's a dog, though...he probably does. Maybe. I dunno?

It's possible that he had to have it removed due to damage caused by wagging like some dogs do.
  • edited September 2010
    Max probably bit it off a long time ago.
  • edited September 2010
    Epic Kiwi wrote: »
    Max probably bit it off a long time ago.

Someone has to draw Max biting Sam's tail. NOW. (Instead of having him disturbingly naked, just draw a hole in his trousers for his tail to come out of or something like that)
  • edited September 2010
    Hatley wrote: »
    Someone has to draw Max biting Sam's tail. NOW. (Instead of having him disturbingly naked, just draw a hole in his trousers for his tail to come out of or something like that)

I have a terrible feeling that the naked version is gonna crop up somewhere as well.
  • edited September 2010
    Oh, God, please keep Rule 34 out of this...please, God, oh, please God...
  • edited September 2010
    As I said in the last discussion on whether or not Sam has a tail, the only logical explanation is that he used to have a tail, but he sold it on the black market as a child because his family needed money and puppy dog tails were important to the homunculus industry.

Or he has one and had to get it removed because he spent so much time squashing it into his pants that he couldn't move it anymore.

Interesting timing, I was just polishing a fanfic based on that first paragraph
  • edited September 2010

Too late. :D
  • edited September 2010

No Rule 34 here, but it's still fairly disturbing. (Inspired in large part by Shwoo's thoughts above.)
  • edited September 2010
    I actually saw one on 4chan. Can't unsee it :eek:
  • edited September 2010
    Rule 34 can never be unseen so be very careful. I remember when I was younger I saw a picture of Starscream and Megatron kissing...never went to that site again. Of course now that I'm older I know I was lucky that they were only kissing.
  • edited September 2010
    I've started watching an anime called Fairy Tail. Pretty good series so far. Anyway, the show's most recent ending song made me think of Sam & Max. Take it however you want, but I think those two are true friends, even like brothers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewoZKqEKp90
  • edited September 2010
    Gohaku wrote: »
    I've started watching an anime called Fairy Tail. Pretty good series so far. Anyway, the show's most recent ending song made me think of Sam & Max. Take it however you want, but I think those two are true friends, even like brothers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewoZKqEKp90

I didn't know that got made into an anime! Now, I guess I'll have to watch it...
  • edited September 2010
    I didn't know that got made into an anime! Now, I guess I'll have to watch it...

Yep! Started this year I believe. It's pretty cool and the animation brings out the hilarity and action of the manga.
    Its also the 4th in top new anime.
  • edited September 2010
    Gohaku wrote: »
    Yep! Started this year I believe. It's pretty cool and the animation brings out the hilarity and action of the manga.
    Its also the 4th in top new anime.

Well, I'll add it to the list. :D
  • edited September 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    But, Sam doesn't have a tail...
    He probably does...you just don't want to know where he keeps it.
  • edited September 2010
    Sam also dreads the possibility that Max may one day go independent and leave him, as one mind-reading shows "Max is so powerful now; soon he doesn't even need a partner." In this sense Sam's reaction is remarkably like a parent.

This is a possibility that can be explored in Season 4: perhaps Flint Paper would like to take Max under full-time tutelage. Max jumps at the chance, leaving Sam insecure and dejected.
  • edited September 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    Sam also dreads the possibility that Max may one day go independent and leave him, as one mind-reading shows "Max is so powerful now; soon he doesn't even need a partner." In this sense Sam's reaction is remarkably like a parent.

Or you know... a dog~
Sign in to comment in this discussion.