Sam and Max Season 2 Steam Problems.

edited September 2010 in Game Support
I tried posting this over on the Steam forums but no one could help me.

A few days ago I bought Sam and Max Season 2 on Steam. It downloaded fine and I played episode 201 for about an hour and half and it worked flawlessly. I went to play it again yesterday and it pulled up the load screen but my mouse is frozen in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I can use the arrow keys to hi-light the Save/Load, Options, and Quit, buttons but I can use the keyboard to open any of the submenus. I tried restarting multiple times but I always got the same problem.

I tried playing episode 202 and I got a black screen with audio in the background. I quit and retried on a lower screen resolution but then I got the menu problem I had with Episode 201.

I am running a Macbook with OS 10.5.8 and an NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics chip.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Okay I did some research and was able to delete the "prefs.prop" file which makes the game load with the black screen and music but I can't get past that (even if I turn down screen resolution).
  • edited September 2010
    Can someone please help? I tried contacting Telltale over a week ago and I still haven't heard back (I assume it's because of all the problems with the Adventure bundle).
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    I don't know much about Macs. You could try going to windowed mode and back.

It could work around the mouse issue, and it should help while you get the black screen.

Have you also tried lower Graphics Quality levels?
  • edited September 2010
    Windowed mode works!!! Thank you so much!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.