Foreshadowing, or COMPLETE COINCIDENCE?

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
Spoilers for 305! Couldn't fit this in the title. WARNING WARNING.

So to settle my need for more twisted, humorous humor signature of Sam & Max, I'm replaying the seasons. I beat S1, but at the beginning of 201, if you use your gun with Sybil at Stinky's, Sam says "Nah, that would ruin their date." Max replies with "and I'm DYING to see what sort of offspring could come of this unholy union."

Now, I wouldn't be thinking this if I didn't know details for Season 3 existed before Tales of Monkey Island.

I just find it a bit funny that
Max dies just after Sybil actually goes into labor, pregnant with the Statue of Lincoln's child.
And that this fact is possibly alluded to much earlier than that.

So, I really suppose Max's "selfless act" was just enthusiasm to see a freak of nature.

I'd want to see it, too. XD

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Wow. Hopefully it was a coincidence, or else they've wanted to kill Max for years.
  • edited September 2010
    This is the conversation I imagine went on during the writing process for 305.

Writer 1: Christ, how do we end this? We need some kind of major twist.
    Writer 2: You know what we should do? Kill someone.
    Writer 1: Ooh, yeah, that's messed up! People'll totally hate us if we do that!
    Writer 2: Perfect!
    Writer 1: Who should we kill?
    Writer 2: Stinky?
    Writer 1: Too obvious.
    Writer 2: Sal?
    Writer 1: Mmm, maybe.
    Writer 2: You know what would be awesome? If Max died.
    Writer 1: You're totally right. Didn't he say something before about dying? I dunno, I can't remember.
    Writer 2: Probably. He says a lot of things.
    Writer 1: Let's go get lunch.
  • edited September 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    This is the conversation I imagine went on during the writing process for 305.

Writer 1: Christ, how do we end this? We need some kind of major twist.
    Writer 2: You know what we should do? Kill someone.
    Writer 1: Ooh, yeah, that's messed up! People'll totally hate us if we do that!
    Writer 2: Perfect!
    Writer 1: Who should we kill?
    Writer 2: Stinky?
    Writer 1: Too obvious.
    Writer 2: Sal?
    Writer 1: Mmm, maybe.
    Writer 2: You know what would be awesome? If Max died.
    Writer 1: You're totally right. Didn't he say something before about dying? I dunno, I can't remember.
    Writer 2: Probably. He says a lot of things.
    Writer 1: Let's go get lunch.

I laughed out loud! Seriously though I wonder what they were thinking when they decided to kill Max. Are they planning something even crazier?:confused:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.