System?

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
I find it hard to believe that you can release Portal playtime length game every month for a season. Do you guys have some sort of system that you set up before you announce a season? Or do you just make all the games in advance, and finish them up before release date?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I think it's just because they're wicked awesome.
  • edited September 2010
    Telltale is like the Bizarro-Valve.
  • edited September 2010
    they have a game creation toolbox, sort of like the SCUMM system with Lucasarts. also, they start season production a while before ep1 one is released, and set everything up so that the monthly release schedule could work.
    having said all that, it's still incredible that they're pulling it off.
  • edited September 2010
    They imprison their designers and make them work under armed guard. Dave Grossman hasn't seen daylight for three years.
  • edited September 2010
    cushy jobs but high hours.
  • edited September 2010
    S@bre wrote: »
    They imprison their designers and make them work under armed guard. Dave Grossman hasn't seen daylight for three years.

You should see what they do to their writers...
  • edited September 2010

Poor Chuck...
  • edited September 2010

I didn't realize a mouse could be used for that....
  • edited September 2010

waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait they have WRITERS!?
  • edited September 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait they have WRITERS!?

Only for the first few episodes. Then they madlib the rest of the season.
  • edited September 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    Only for the first few episodes. Then they madlib the rest of the season.

I seriously think some of the lines _ARE_ pure adlibs...

There was a discussion of this some time back, I dont know about now but back in S1 they admitted to basically just drafing out the major plot/scenes in the beginning and litening to player's feedback on where to take future eppisodes... though now I think they just work everyone from one game to the next in series and then release at monthly intervals a full season that was finished who-knows-how long before (timed so it doesnt coincide with their other game releases, of course, so people will have to wait and dont have to choose between (for example) ToMI S2 and S+M S4
Sign in to comment in this discussion.