The Whispered World installation issue

edited September 2010 in Game Support
So I FINALLY finished downloading The Whispered World (with the combination of my slow internet and the large download, it took pretty much a whole day) and now it says there is a file missing when I try to install it:
error writing to file: scene.vs072

Any way around this, guys? I've tried running the bundle as administrator, and in compatibility mode. Still nothing. I can't continue installation until this file is fixed. Thanks for the help.

-Monkey

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Did you try running the installer itself as administrator?
    Once downloaded, the installer(s) for the game can be found under Telltale Games\Adventure Bundle inside your My Documents directory.
    Try running it from there (as administrator) instead of having the launcher do it.
    Hope this helps!
  • edited September 2010
    Ok thanks, but running it as an administrator didn't work, let's see how it runs if its administrator on compatibility mode...
  • edited September 2010
    I had this problem. It should work if you run as administrator.
  • edited September 2010
    Administrator+combpatibility mode+tww.exe = Doesn't work. :(

I wonder if tww2.exe will have a different effect.
  • edited September 2010
    I had a similar problem. Multible redownloads didn't help. Then I notised that I had only about 1,5 GB free space on my Windows partition. A suggesful installaton needed more that 2 GB on C partition even though I was installing it on D. I didn't realise this would be a problem but apparently it was (atleast in my case).
  • edited September 2010
    Administrator+combpatibility mode+tww.exe = Doesn't work. :(
    I wonder if tww2.exe will have a different effect.

No, run The Adventure Bundle as Administrator, dont ever try to run the games from their EXE files, causes all sorts of fun bugs. Also be weerie that you apparently can perma-break them, and I cannot play OR uninstall The Whispered Word now because I didnt run as admin the first time..
This discussion has been closed.