Adventure Bundle: Removing Installer and SecuROM

edited September 2010 in Game Support
I purchased the Adventure Bundle, and had no trouble downloading and installing all available titles. (Actually getting them to run properly is another matter...but all those issues are being discussed in other threads.)

I have two post-installation questions:

1) Now that everything is installed, may I uninstall the Adventure Bundle installer/client thingy? Will running Uninstall.exe get rid of the games themselves or otherwise break anything?

2) Once every application has been registered and run for the first time, may I remove the SecuROM registry keys and the ...\Application Data\SecuROM directory?

(I'm guessing that the answer to #2 is more likely to be yes if I replace the .EXE for The Whispered World with a cracked DRM-free one, which I am planning to do. Not only has this been recommended to help resolve issues with this particular game, but it is also my standard practice for all games I have purchased when I install them and find they come with invasive, performance-hindering, security-threatening, and system-borking DRM.)

Comments

• edited September 2010
    KevinTMC wrote: »
    I purchased the Adventure Bundle, and had no trouble downloading and installing all available titles. (Actually getting them to run properly is another matter...but all those issues are being discussed in other threads.)

I have two post-installation questions:

1) Now that everything is installed, may I uninstall the Adventure Bundle installer/client thingy? Will running Uninstall.exe get rid of the games themselves or otherwise break anything?

2) Once every application has been registered and run for the first time, may I remove the SecuROM registry keys and the ...\Application Data\SecuROM directory?

(I'm guessing that the answer to #2 is more likely to be yes if I replace the .EXE for The Whispered World with a cracked DRM-free one, which I am planning to do. Not only has this been recommended to help resolve issues with this particular game, but it is also my standard practice for all games I have purchased when I install them and find they come with invasive, performance-hindering, security-threatening, and system-borking DRM.)

If you try it and it works could you pm me your "how to" get this to work.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.