The Sam & Max Ep.304 Game Killing glitch, Steam version.

edited November 2010 in Game Support
i am having a issue that was going on a little while ago with the 303 chapter and its happening where your in stinky's dinner after you came from sal's work and i am trying to talk to girl stinky and do the whole interrogation but it keeps glitching there and keeps me in a infinite loop not allowing me to move on and finish the game up.
I have looked over older threads about things happening like this other telltale games and only on the steam versions.

I really needing help fixing this issue.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I'm having the same issue. I've tried messing with the graphics setting to see if anything would change. No such luck. I too am using the steam version (never had any issues with the taletale only versions)

The glitch starts when sam and max are acting out the interrogation in front of flint and stinky.

The dialogue glitch goes something like this:
    Sam "Alright Stinky, what's the deal..."
    Max "I have no idea what you're talking about"
    Then it cuts quickly back to sam and it appears as if the dialogue selection box comes up from the bottom. It then immediatly cuts back to Max.
    Max "Sam, you're supposed to say something"
    Sam "Oh right little buddy, lets take it again from the top"
    Goes back to beginning.

Please help find a solution to this issue as I would really like to finish this episode and the next one. I'm also never getting another taletale product through steam again if it's going to be super buggy. (i'm sorry for not directly giving you my money)
  • edited September 2010
    Did some research and here's the issue:

It's a problem with dual cores. To fix the glitch simply open your task manager, go to the sam and max .exe, right click, set affinity, and make sure only 1 core is checked for that process. The infinite loops will dissapear after that.
  • edited September 2010
    Accident wrote: »

It's a problem with dual cores. To fix the glitch simply open your task manager, go to the sam and max .exe, right click, set affinity, and make sure only 1 core is checked for that process. The infinite loops will dissapear after that.

Thank you. ill have to try it in a little bit here.
    If it doesn't work ill message you and let you know so we can keep working on it.
  • edited November 2010
    Accident wrote: »

This fixed the issue for me. Good find! How'd you come upon this?
This discussion has been closed.