Adventure Pack -- sluggish after a few minutes of play

edited September 2010 in Game Support
Hello folks,

Please could you suggest any advice for the following problem. I recently purchased the adventure pack; however, I have experienced problems with the games I have tried so far (Penny Arcade and Jack Keane).

The games run fine for the first few minutes of play, then the framerate plummets to the point where the game becomes more or less unplayable. Restarting the game results in another few minutes of fine gameplay, and then another drop into crap city.

I have tried turning the display settings right down (low screen res and lowest effects settings), but it doesn't seem to make any difference. High or low settings, everything is fine for a few minutes and then becomes unplayable.

Note that my copy of Sam & Max ep 1 which I purchased many moons ago is running without any problems.

I've attached my dxdiag file to this post. Any help greatly appreciated!

Edit: Happily, Whispered World seems to be running relatively smoothly. KQ (at least part 1) is running fine as well. Downloading Puzzle Agent now to check.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Hey Musi. It's possible that the games are causing your Laptop to overheat. Updating your video drivers and DirectX may help with this. You should be able to download the latest version of DirectX here:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-us/aboutgfw/pages/directx.aspx

You'll probably need to check Dell's site for the latest video drivers, since from what I can tell your laptop is using an integrated card.

Hopefully that helps!
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks, new graphics drivers from the Dell site worked a treat! I've obsessively played the Penny Arcade game and purchased your awesome Monkey Island deal to celebrate!
This discussion has been closed.