Sam & Max 301: Missing Geometry

edited September 2010 in Game Support
So I just bought Sam and Max season 3 from your website, and I downloaded episode 1, only to find myself subject to a rather... odd graphical error. Here are some examples, though it occurs elsewhere:

Note Skunkape's lack of eyes here.
301graphics1.png

Max appears to be missing his eyes, teeth, and the inside of his ears.
301graphics2.png

I've tried it with the graphics at 1, 2, and 3 (the highest I can set it to), as well as both fullscreen and windowed. Nothing seems to help.

I'm running this on a computer with a Pentium 4 2GHz processor, 2GB RAM, and an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 with integrated video memory (32MB physical, but I only ever seem to have problems with games that require over 128). Season 1 (bought via Steam) runs just fine, and I have yet to try any other Season 3 episodes.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Protera wrote: »
    I'm running this on a computer with a Pentium 4 2GHz processor, 2GB RAM, and an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 with integrated video memory (32MB physical, but I only ever seem to have problems with games that require over 128).

There was a similar issue with Radeon 9000 series cards in Tales of Monkey Island, but it was not resolved.

You'll probably need a different graphics card in order to get the game running properly.
  • edited September 2010
    Hum... well, having looked at that thread and another linked from it, I think my best recourse may be to just ask for a refund, then buy this again when I have a computer that can run it properly. It's a shame, but I understand that they can't root out every single little bug, especially when they have to do with cards as old as mine. Thank you, DjNDB. I appreciate the help. :)
This discussion has been closed.