Penny Arcade OpenGL issue

edited September 2010 in Game Support
Trying to run Penny Arcade from the Adventure Bundle and I get an error message on launch (whether from the bundle or directly from the .exe in the subfolder) that reads "Could not find compatible display device. Make sure your display device supports OpenGL 1.2" and it lists a dozen or so extensions.

I'm running WinXP Media with an integrated Intel 82915G/GV/910GL graphics chip, and I've checked to make sure the drivers are up to date. (2007 was the last update and should be compatible with OpenGL 1.4, and 3D settings flagged "OpenGL" show up with my display properties.)

Do I need to tweak some specific settings to get this thing to run?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I'm getting the same error message. Running the bundle in windows XP, SP3 on a Macbook pro using VMware. Help anyone?
  • edited September 2010
    Hey guys,

If your drivers are up to date, can you try making sure your DirectX is up to date as well? You should be able to get it here.
  • edited September 2010
    DirectX 9.0c and the latest drivers available for my card are installed; still no luck.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    You could also try writing to the developers support. The mention that problem in the FAQ.

PlanK10 wrote: »
    I'm getting the same error message. Running the bundle in windows XP, SP3 on a Macbook pro using VMware. Help anyone?
    You might be able to get it running on a native Windows via Boot Camp.
This discussion has been closed.