Hit the Road...kinda sucks?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2010
    My first introduction to the franchise was through a demo for Abe Lincoln Must Die but I still like Hit the Road. So I don't think what you play first taints your preferences. What I prefer from Telltale: voices (when I read a HtR quote I hear it in the new voices), music, characters and variation of locations, what I prefer from HtR: design of the locations seems more true to the comics, humour, puzzlesand situation seems more true to the comics also.

People have said that one or another is more true to the comics, but I believe an adventure game has it's limits in recreating the what the source material was about. What an adventure game can never capture is the timing, example if the Rubber Pants Commandos burst through the walls on to some unsuspecting gutter trash and you had to talk to Sgnt Blip, he'd have to be sitting in a corner and will stay there until you walk up to him. If a there was ever going to be a sucsessful recreation of the comics I think it would have to be something like an action-adventure or an animated series. Yeah, but I'm getting off the point, the moral of the story is HtR and the new series are good in their own individual ways.
  • edited September 2010
    I have to agree with Teeth, I know even though it was the first game and it was an original Lucasarts classic but it stunk. I played Hit the Road in 2007, won it in 2009 and finally came to the conclusion: Boring, bland, and useless compared to the now.

That doesn't mean I feel this way about the original Monkey Islands, I liked them a lot for a game 20 years before my time. HtR is just.. Not worth it, the voices were awful and the plot didn't fit with Sam & Max even back then!
    I think that Hit the Road is an okay game. But not enough to be the best S&M game in my book.
  • edited September 2010
    I've always felt that Hit the Road perfectly captured the tone and the language of the original comics. The Telltale games have never really managed to perfectly emulate Steve Purcell's distinctive idiom and writing style and have sort of developed a unique voice of their own.

My same opinion short and sweet.

I played the TT version first. I think I first played HtR in the middle of Season 2. There's a definite different feel to both versions (which I really do believe is dependent on how much involvement Mr Purcell had). And since I love the comics, I tend to lean towards HtR.

But I have to admit, Season 2 is probably the most played on my computer then HtR comes second.
  • edited September 2010
    Breakman wrote: »
    My same opinion short and sweet.

I played the TT version first. I think I first played HtR in the middle of Season 2. There's a definite different feel to both versions (which I really do believe is dependent on how much involvement Mr Purcell had). And since I love the comics, I tend to lean towards HtR.

But I have to admit, Season 2 is probably the most played on my computer then HtR comes second.
    You and I can be friends, k? :)
  • edited September 2010
    You and I can be friends, k? :)

I thought we were before! ::looks at my bedstand and sees a framed picture of you:: ^^;
  • edited September 2010
    ....Okay, maybe I need less friends and more restraining orders.
  • edited September 2010
    Where's my creepy stalker? :(
  • edited September 2010
    Where's my creepy stalker? :(

/bangs a drum outside of SHODANFreeman's bedroom

And I-i-i-ee-yi-i-i will al-wa-a-ays love you, oh I-i-i wi-i-ill alwa-ays love you ooh-woo.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.