UNOFFICIAL! Adventure Bundle repair files

edited August 2011 in Game Support
Hello,

I posted on usenet some repair files for the adventure bundle exe files.

See My Documents\Telltale Games\Adventure Bundle for the files. Search on usenet for: (Jan Willem post repair files Telltale Adventure Bundle: filename_without_dot_exe) or extract the attached files for the newsgroup nzb files.
Greets,
Jan Willem

Comments

• edited September 2010
    More nzb files
    for the sam and max files
  • edited September 2010
    the puzzle agent nzb file
  • edited September 2010
    Oh, just for your info, when you don't have downloaded the .exe files with the bundle program you can't use the nzb i posted. You realy need to have bought the bundle and download the files with that program!
  • edited September 2010
    so.. what this repairs exactly? i just bought the bundle and im tryin to make it work, so would be happy with more info about this repair thingie :)
  • edited September 2010
    Par2 is a way to repair/check files. To download these repair sets you have to have access to usenet (newsgroups). For more info see http://www.quickpar.org.uk/Tutorials.htm

Sorry for the people without usenet but i didn't have another way to upload these files. I am not certain if i post enough blocks with this. I make a repair set for 10% of the files.

Use the files attached to this reply to check how much blocks you need and download them accordingly.

Just for your info, you realy have to download the normal .exe files from the bundle otherwise you don't have enough file to repair.
  • edited September 2010
    I don't understand, if these repair files work, why doesn't TellTalle make them available for download?
  • edited September 2010
    janwillem wrote: »
    i didn't have another way to upload these files.

Can you use mediafire or something like that?
  • edited September 2010
    Ok, i am uploading them now to mediafire,
    goto http://www.mediafire.com/Adventure Bundle for the files
  • edited September 2010
    Ow and keep in mind you realy realy need to have the downloaded exe's on your hardrive otherwise it doesn't work ( i don't upload the exe's with the repair files! )

First download and install Quickpar from for example: http://www.quickpar.org.uk/Download.htm
    Goto http://www.mediafire.com/Adventure Bundle and choose the directory of the file that is broken and download only the first .par2 file to My Documents\Telltale Games\Adventure Bundle, run this with quickpar (you need to download it from internet) and check with quickpar how many blocks you need and download that many blocks (not more!).

If it says you need 200 blocks just download the file until number 200. Not more because bandwith is costly (and you don't need more file to repair the files with them)
  • edited September 2010
    @janwillem
    Thanks for this and for putting the files up to mediafire.

First time I hear about QuickPar, which looks interesting. I went over to its site and read the tutorials, but am a bit puzzled.

In the tutorial example, the repair requires 96 blocks. So they use two par2 files which make a sum of 113 blocks (one of 25 blocks and one of 88). That covers the needed 96 blocks.

You said:
    If it says you need 200 blocks just download the file until number 200
    Do you mean the same thing?
    Let's take Penny Arcade Adventures for example. If the test shows that 9 blocks are needed, would that mean the 1block and 8blocks files are required? What if it says that 13 blocks are needed? Does that mean only the 13block file should be used or the 5blocks with the 8blocks files?

I also noticed that there are files for the same number of blocks which have the same size but differ in name. Does it make any difference which files are combined to get the total number of blocks?

I'm considering of trying this out as an ultimate attempt, but could use some help to avoid any unnecessary mess.

Thanks.
  • edited September 2010
    Hi DinoBirdy,
    Here some extra info about quickpar. You need 13 repair blocks.

Let's analyze the structure of the PAR2 filenames:
    filename.volnn+mm.PAR2
    nn is the total number of blocks of all preceding files.
    mm is the number of blocks in this file.

So, we have to download a couple of extra PAR2 files and we need to make sure that the sum of the numbers behind the '+'-sign is 13 or higher.

So download all the files until pa1-9.vol11+08.PAR2

See also: http://www.binaries4all.com/quickpar/repair.php
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks for the reply, janwillem.
    I think I finally got how this works - I somehow managed to overlook the part about nn when reading the tutorials.
  • edited October 2010
    So it seems i uploaded the repair bocks for nothing, whatever :(
  • edited October 2010
    I'm trying to use this, but I think I'm doing something wrong... My problem is that I have video stuttering on The Whispered World, and I'd like to see if this works to solve the problem. I installed Quickpar 0.9, then downloaded the tww.par2 file to Telltale Games\Adventure Bundle, on :/C. When I open it with Quick par, it says I need more than 3000 blocks... Help, please? ^^U

I also tryed the tww2.par2, but it also says I need more than 1481 blocks...
  • edited October 2010
    Ok, I saw the file The Whispered World - SKIDROW - CRACK ONLY.zip and I downloaded it. I saw an tww.exe inside, and I pasted it on the whispered world folder. I ran the game, and the stuttering was considerably lower, although it sometimes gets a few words stuck. At least I can watch the videos now, so I really thank you for this.

But is it normal that I still have stuttering? Do I need to use the repair files? Because I keep having the problem about "more than 3000 blocks needed"...

Thankyou janwillem
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks, janwillem - that SKIDROW crack thing fixed my problem, though I'm a bit confused as to whether I have to do the repairing stuff as well.

I see why people hate DRM now, when we have to resort to piracy to get our games working. Telltale's service for their own games is excellent, no problems there, so I know it's not their fault.
  • edited November 2010
    the repair files are only to repair the broken install files, like nsis error
  • edited December 2010
    yay, the files are still working :P
  • edited December 2010
    Isn't it just easier to delete the .exe file that's having a problem at My Documents\Telltale Games\Adventure Bundle and re-download? This has fixed the NSIS problem for me every time.

Steve
  • edited August 2011
    it takes more time to download the complete files. Than to fix them with the pars
This discussion has been closed.