Puzzle Agent: letters are invisible

edited September 2010 in Game Support
My problem is that I cannot see any letters as you can see in the attachement.

I've got a nvidia Geforce 250 GTS video card and use Win XP.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    It's a known issue, but there's a Workaround for now.

I'm not sure it will work, but you can try it.
    Here's a version for a German Windows XP for you:

Navigate to "Systemsteuerung/Regions- und Sprachoptionen". For "Standards und Formate" select "English (USA)" and confirm.

Btw. I played it on a German Windows 7 without problems, so it's a bug that doesn't affect everyone.
  • edited September 2010
    Hi DjNDB,

wohin hast Du das Spiel installiert? Ich habe mich heute gefragt ob es vielleicht daran liegt, dass ich das Spiel nicht unter C:/Programme (x86) sondern auf einer anderen Festplatte installiert habe.

Wenn Du es aber auch irgendwo anders installiert hast dann versuche ich das erst gar nicht ;)

Danke - LG, Robert

English summary: I was just wondering if the location of the installed files may have something to do with the bug. I installed the game on a separate hard drive and I can't play the game because of the missing fonts and speech.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    razmatazzz wrote: »
    English summary: I was just wondering if the location of the installed files may have something to do with the bug. I installed the game on a separate hard drive and I can't play the game because of the missing fonts and speech.

It's at the default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Telltale Games\Puzzle Agent)

Did you try the workaround yet?
    TTG is working on an updated version fixing the Font issue and others. You might want to subscribe to that thread if the workaround doesn't help in your case.

Edit: I just noticed that it was you, who asked in the other thread. Nevermind.
  • edited September 2010
    Hi DjNDB,

yes, the workaround works for me. But it is really only a workaround and not a fix. I would really appreciate it to be able to play the game without this change in the settings.

Maybe I try to install it to the default location. Sometimes this has an effect.

Thanks - Robert
This discussion has been closed.