issue-35590

edited January 2011 in Game Support
Hello? Is anybody there? I have been waiting to hear from someone about codes to activate secret of monkey Island (all 5 episode) & how to get adventure bundle running for 6 days now & haven't heard anything yet... except the first automated response sent Sep 18,2010

putso@netzero.com

Comments

• edited September 2010
    putso wrote: »
    Hello? Is anybody there? I have been waiting to hear from someone about codes to activate secret of monkey Island (all 5 episode) & how to get adventure bundle running for 6 days now & haven't heard anything yet... except the first automated response sent Sep 18,2010

putso@netzero.com

Have you bought Tales of Monkey Island for PC/MAC? If so, you don't have to have codes. Just download the episodes from the My Games section (right upper corner of this page, serial codes are also stored there), and after installing the episodes, type in your Telltale account name and password in the launcher to activate your game.
  • edited September 2010
    1) I bought the games for PC (windows).
    2) My windows computer has NO INTERNET and will NEVER have one.
    3) I sent an email with all the information I can send for manual activation but haven't heard back with the information you can send. I will be happy to resend it all.
    4) When I originally bought the games I had not yet even established a user name. I only got a user name to be able to post on the forums because I never got any email back except the original automated response.
    5) Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2010

How on earth did you buy these games/post on this forum, then?
  • edited September 2010
    1) I bought the games for PC (windows).
    3) I sent an email with all the information I can send for manual activation but haven't heard back with the information you can send. I will be happy to resend it all.
    4) When I originally bought the games I had not yet even established a user name. I only got a user name to be able to post on the forums because I never got any email back except the original automated response.
    5) Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how you managed to buy the games without an account...

Anyway, have you tried to log in and then check in the "My Games" link at the top right (middle button with a joystick on)? Normally, everything you've bought should have a serial number + a download link. If the computer doesn't have internet, just download the file using some other computer, install it, and use that serial number to manually activate it.
  • edited September 2010
    1) My windows computer has no internet connection. Never will. When I try serial number activation it tries to connect & fails & comes up with an error code: connection problem. That is why I sent you all the information in the first place & asked you for manual unlock codes. Please send the manual unlock codes!

2) I access your website & anything else for downloading code via linux. I purchased your games there & then used a USB thumbdrive to download them to my windows computer. This keeps my windows environment much purer & better. So I need a manual code for tales of monkey island! (When I purchased your games I did not yet have a user name. I only got a username so I could access your forum because the only answers I got on my (linux) emails were automated answers. Nothing in the junk mail either...)

Adventure bundle doesn't do anything when I try to run it. I don't know if it hangs because my Windows computer has no internet (& never will), or what its problem is. It unzipped fine. It does not have tabs for manual activation. What can I do with it???
  • edited September 2010
    (Post)

Don't post serial/order/activation numbers. Ever.

Also, you do need an Internet connection to run the Bundle launcher.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    I removed you reposted message because of the serial numbers and order numbers. The issue # should be enough for TTG to find your Mail.
    2) I access your website & anything else for downloading code via linux. I purchased your games there & then used a USB thumbdrive to download them to my windows computer. This keeps my windows environment much purer & better.

There's no harm in connecting a properly updated and firewalled/NATed Windows to the internet.
    There are two ways of solving your problem.
    - Giving your Windows System internet access while activating the games
    - Waiting for the manual unlock codes

The Adventure bundle launcher is a Downloader for the actual games.
    As far as i know there is no manual unlock mechanism, so even if you downloaded the games on a different system, you would still need an internet connection on your windows system to activate them.

Your best option is to read up on windows security, update and firewall your windows system, and install/activate the games the usual way.
  • edited September 2010
    Sir: Problem is, I am an engineer & software programmer & have read Way Too Much on Windows security. You may believe it is safe with anti-rootkit, anti-virus, anti-spyware, multiple firewalls with a honeypot & DMZ, but check out http://www.us-cert.gov/ & read about their new & notable vulnerabilities. I am CompTia Security + Certified. I repeat: I will NEVER use windows on my computer to interface with the internet. The most dangerous thing is something you truly believe is secure, yet is not. Windows falls into that camp.

Now, having said that, please send me my manual unlock codes for Tales of Monkey Island.

Regarding the adventure game bundle, since I can not use it, can I get credit for it for a different game that I can use with manual unlock codes?

I would never have posted all of the data in the forum (and was uncomfortable doing so) except it seems y'all never responded to my emails. All I ever get is the automated response saying "We got it." No human has sent me an email back yet & it has been 11 days since I first emailed you. YOU MAY ALSO WISH TO SEARCH OTHER POSTS BY ME TO DELETE DATA FOR I POSTED THIS INFO MULTIPLE TIMES.

Thank you.
    putso@netzero.com
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Now, having said that, please send me my manual unlock codes for Tales of Monkey Island.

Regarding the adventure game bundle, since I can not use it, can I get credit for it for a different game that I can use with manual unlock codes?

I am a forum Moderator selected from the Community. I can't do either.
    You can ask TTG for a refund. I don't really know who to direct you to best at he moment because of recent changes in the support personal. You can try contacting Alan, the community manager, via PM or E-Mail if the ticket system doesn't work for you.
    YOU MAY ALSO WISH TO SEARCH OTHER POSTS BY ME TO DELETE DATA FOR I POSTED THIS INFO MULTIPLE TIMES.

No need for me to search your posts. You can still edit the posts yourself, but as a security aware person you'll probably have done that already.
    I will NEVER use windows on my computer to interface with the internet. The most dangerous thing is something you truly believe is secure, yet is not. Windows falls into that camp.

I am sure you know that Security is relative to the Security Policy in place and that there is no such thing as 100% Security.
    If you need that high level of security for applications you run on your Windows System, then that's your decision. You will have your reasons.

People with that requirement would usually set up a separate gaming system which can access the internet, physically or logically separated from their other systems. That way a compromised system would not have access to critical data.
    Most of TTGs games are available for gaming consoles too. That might be another option, unless you don't trust them to connect to the internet as well.

I am aware of recent critical vulnerabilities. Most of them are not remote exploits though and require user interaction. The problem is rarely the internet connection itself, especially in a NATed environment.
    Unless of course you don't trust the software you installed to not secretly communicate confidential information, but that's a different story.
  • edited September 2010
    Please provide an email address for Alan. All posts I leave for him are flagged as spam (& will probably be deleted before he ever sees them.) What is PM?

putso
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited September 2010
    What is PM?
    It's Private Message.
    Go to his member page and click on "Contact Info".
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Please provide an email address for Alan.

I thought the address was in the blog post i linked to, but it isn't. PM is probably the best method then.
  • edited October 2010
    Hello All! I want to record here that EVERYTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED & Tales of Monkey Island is an AWESOME GAME!

1 Happy customer here! :)
  • edited January 2011
    Windows is just plain insecure and is a venue for all kinds of malware. All you have to do is click on a infected website and that malware can install itself on your machine and take complete control or watch your key strokes or do what ever. I would never do a financial or any other sensitive information transaction on a Windows machine
This discussion has been closed.