Help - Buying All 3 Seasons - Bonus Discs

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
Hi everyone.

I've just discovered Sam & Max, having played Season 3 on PlayStation 3 (courtesy of my EU PS+ subscription).

I've really enjoyed it and am keen to try the others. I'm really impressed with the humour in the games - its really up my alley!

I just wondered something.

According to the store, I can buy all 3 seasons for $39.95. Does anyone know if buying in this way will entitle me to the 3 bonus DVDs? Has anyone bought all 3 and got the bonus discs through this method?

I'm based in the UK so would hope they could deliver the discs there. Anyone know?

If anyone could respond quickly, that would be really great!

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Yes to all you're questions, you're just going to have to take the extra step of asking for the DVDs to be added to your cart through support.
  • edited September 2010
    Many thanks for your quick response.

So, just to clarify, would it be best to order the set first, then order the individual DVDs after I have an order reference? Or is there a better way to do it?

Also, I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I need to know whether my PC will run the games. I'm not very well-versed in PC stuff, being a console gamer, basically)

I have a laptop that's less than 12 months old.
    I seem to think the processor is good enough (it says its a Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4300 @2.10Ghz) and it has enough memory, I think (it says it has 3Gb of RAM).
    What I'm more concerned with is the Sound and Video requirements.
    I'm not sure where to find these details.

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks once again.
  • edited September 2010
    Many thanks for your quick response.

So, just to clarify, would it be best to order the set first, then order the individual DVDs after I have an order reference? Or is there a better way to do it?

Also, I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I need to know whether my PC will run the games. I'm not very well-versed in PC stuff, being a console gamer, basically)

I have a laptop that's less than 12 months old.
    I seem to think the processor is good enough (it says its a Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4300 @2.10Ghz) and it has enough memory, I think (it says it has 3Gb of RAM).
    What I'm more concerned with is the Sound and Video requirements.
    I'm not sure where to find these details.

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks once again.

You can order the individual DVDs whenever you want, and you'll only pay the shipping, so I suggest ordering all the three in once to pay the shipping only once. After buying the set or the other way... it doesn't matter that much, really.

Your laptop will run Season 1 and 2 really well, but Season 3 may be a little problematic. But no fear, as Season 3 has a quality setting in options menu so you'll just have to decrease it for the best option. Considering the fact that your machine is only a year old, I assume you won't suffer from graphics and video. Although people say a spesific product of ATI RADEON is being problematic, I'm unsure which one, but I guess it's one of the old ones.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, if you're concerned about technical issues just download the 301 demo and see how that runs.
  • edited September 2010
    Brilliant!!!

Thanks very much for all your help.

I'm less concerned about Season 3, as I have already played it.
    If it'll run Seasons 1 and 2, as you say, that would be great.

And I'll get all those neat little extras on region-free DVD too! I shall order as soon as I get back home.

$39.95 sounds great for all 3 games plus DVDs.

Having done a little testing on the Store, it looks like it's going to cost me about $14 to ship these to the UK, which isn't bad.

So, has the DVD for Season 3 been released yet? It is saying it is on backorder on the store?

Thanks, once again.
  • edited September 2010
    No, it'll be out on October supposedly.
  • edited September 2010
    Cool - thanks.

Presumably, I may have to pay two lots of shipping if I order now - one lot for Seasons 1 and 2 which would ship immediately, and one lot for Season3, when it is released.

Ah well - it's still a good deal.
  • edited September 2010
    Cool - thanks.

Presumably, I may have to pay two lots of shipping if I order now - one lot for Seasons 1 and 2 which would ship immediately, and one lot for Season3, when it is released.

Ah well - it's still a good deal.
    If you're antsy to play the games, you can always download them from your My Telltale page. If you want a good chunk of extras, go to the Summer of Sam and Max page. I think this can hold you over long enough to wait through to the Season Three disc's release to pay shipping for the discs.

I also can't recommend Surfin' the Highway enough. It is a simply beautiful compilation of the original comics that gave us these two characters in the first place. This book was a lost gem in the indie comics world until Telltale reprinted it, bigger and better than ever. A copy of this book is pretty much essential for any Sam and Max fan.
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks for the info. I'll have a look at that site.

I'm planning on getting Surfin'. I have had a word with my friend who runs my local comic shop, but will try the store if that fails.

I've also ordered the TV series on DVD through Amazon. :-)
  • edited September 2010
    Ok - I now have all 3 seasons thanks to the excellent Telltale site (gotta love being able to download the episodes for immediate playing - the times we live in, eh? :-) ).

I've also put in an order with Telltale for the DVD copies and the nice bonus discs. Also have got the 'Surfin The Highway' book winging it's way to me. Really looking forward to this - I'm a big comic book fan anyway so reckon I might love this.

I'm currently playing episode 102, having cleared all of Season 3 and episode 101 in the last week. You'd have thought I'm all Maxed out, but I'm not - just loving it and can't get enough of the S&M goodness. I only wish I had discovered them earlier and had played the seasons in sequential order. Ah well - I'll have to play Season 3 again after clearing 1 & 2. :-)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.