Gameplay ideas

edited October 2010 in Jurassic Park
So, as we need some activity here, I start this topic to you to throw your ideas to what you want or what do you think we'll see in the best Jurassic Park game in history.

Some of my ideas, just to start:

- There should be very little shooting, just like in the movies. When you have a gun, it should have very limited ammo, and maybe it's not dinosaurs what you need to use it on.
- There should be a lot of stealth-based puzzles. Think of the kitchen scene in the first movie.
- In the first movie, the dinosaurs only had 15 minutes of screentime in total. Fact. Should Telltale do something similar here? Maybe, but it could be very controversial, because most kids would be dissapointed by the lack of dinos. Same if there's little shooting.
- The time-based puzzles, as they have mentioned in interviews, should make you really nervous and block your mind, even if it's the simplest puzzle on Earth. Scary JP-styled music could help a lot here.
- It would be interesting to see what would happen in you are in an open field, and maybe where you choose to go affects if you live or you die.
- You're being hunted by a Raptor and you don't even realize until it's too late. But when you replay that part, the Raptor will appear on a different place. Or not appear at all. The randomness of this would be really interesting because if you know from where the Raptor's gonna pop from, you expect it. However, if you think you do and you don't... The surprise is much bigger.
- Herbivores are also important. But not herbivores that attack you. Just peaceful ones that just wander around doing their thing. Think of the first Brachiosaurus scene in the first movie.

Those are some of the things I'm expecting or wanting to see. So what about you guys?

PS: If the mods feel this is a repetead thread, feel free to close it.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I just recently played the video game Lost based off the television series of the same name and it had a lot of features that I think would work with a Tell Tale adventure game.

Lost had guns, but you hardly used it. And when you did it was mostly for puzzle solving.

And when it came to the black smoke you would have to run from it and find a place to hide because you could not kill it. This is something they could use for the T-Rex. Have it where you can only run from it and have to find areas to hide in to escape the dinosaurs.
  • edited October 2010
    These are all really great ideas for gameplay. My primary concern, however, is the "authenticity" of the game to the JP universe. As many have previously conceived and worked on before, I would draw your attention to JP game mods based on Crysis for example. I always believed that such a graphics engine and SDK was the perfect way to develop a JP game. Now, I can respectfully understand that we're probably not getting a full, free roaming virtual island simulation type game that is perfectly authentic to the JP universe. At any rate, I just hope that the designs and visuals of the game are accurate and true. Maybe use the island maps I published? Hopefully.
  • edited October 2010
    this is probably asking for too much but i wanna see dino vs dino fights, and i don't mean cutscenes. like is a angry trike is chasing you, a raptor pack could fight it, similar to trespasser's dino fights but better looking and more realistic movement.
  • edited October 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    - Herbivores are also important. But not herbivores that attack you. Just peaceful ones that just wander around doing their thing. Think of the first Brachiosaurus scene in the first movie.

Well, herbivores can be dangerous too, especially if they're protecting their nests or young. Wouldn't want to be whipped by a stegosaurus tail.

But yes, 'background, peaceful dinosaurs' would be great to build atmosphere and immersion.
This discussion has been closed.