2 endings?

edited October 2010 in Sam & Max
Apparently, there are 2 endings to the city that dares not sleep.
Is that true?
Apparently there are no major differences in the story.
Can anyone tell me what ahppens in both of them, or does anyone have a video showing/comparing the 2 endings?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    identical except in one S+M walk off down the street and the elevator leaves on its one and in the other they leave in the elevator.
  • edited October 2010
    Yes, it's true. The ending you get depends on whether or not you (Sam) tells Papierwaite that your fondest memories of life with Max were crimefighting or adventuring.

The Crimefighting ending has Other Max coming out of the time elevator and asking Sam if he wants to go fight crime, and they walk into the city together, bantering about the newest supervillain they can take down. The Adventuring ending has Other Max asking if Sam wants to go on an adventure, instead, and Sam hops into the time elevator with him.

As far as I can tell, the story is completely identical both times, except for those last two minutes.
  • edited October 2010
    And then there is the PS3 ending, which is the same as the Adventure Ending except Sam comes back at the end to pick up Sam Jr. where as he'd pick up his Hat in the PC version.
  • edited October 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    Yes, it's true. The ending you get depends on whether or not you (Sam) tells Papierwaite that your fondest memories of life with Max were crimefighting or adventuring.

The Crimefighting ending has Other Max coming out of the time elevator and asking Sam if he wants to go fight crime, and they walk into the city together, bantering about the newest supervillain they can take down. The Adventuring ending has Other Max asking if Sam wants to go on an adventure, instead, and Sam hops into the time elevator with him.

As far as I can tell, the story is completely identical both times, except for those last two minutes.

you forgot how he forgets his hat in the adventure ending
  • edited October 2010
    Crimefighting ending is the best, IMO
  • edited October 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    And then there is the PS3 ending, which is the same as the Adventure Ending except Sam comes back at the end to pick up Sam Jr. where as he'd pick up his Hat in the PC version.

Technically, there' four different endings, depending on whether you put Sam Jr. back in your inventory before leaving Max.
  • edited October 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    you forgot how he forgets his hat in the adventure ending

I had the adventure ending and he had his hat.

He leaves, and then comes back to pick up his hat.
  • edited October 2010
    Technically, there' four different endings, depending on whether you put Sam Jr. back in your inventory before leaving Max.

I left Sam Jr. there the first time and got the same ending where Sam comes back at the end to collect her.
  • edited October 2010
    SlasherMan wrote: »
    Crimefighting ending is the best, IMO

I would agree with you, but I absolutely LOVE Max's face when he and Sam are looking into the elevator.

maxelevator.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    I'm not entirely sure why, but I love that face, too.
  • edited October 2010
    woah... the detail on that pic amazes me... hell I normally see black polygons showing up on random places, but I can literally see the stitching-texture on Sam's Suit there!! What Res did you take that at? (or is it the PS3 version?)
  • edited October 2010
    I'm not entirely sure why, but I love that face, too.

I just made it my avatar.
  • edited October 2010
    Ashton wrote: »
    woah... the detail on that pic amazes me... hell I normally see black polygons showing up on random places, but I can literally see the stitching-texture on Sam's Suit there!! What Res did you take that at? (or is it the PS3 version?)

That, my friend, is exactly how that scene looks on my PS3. Everything about this game is enhanced by these rich textures. Or vice versa. Either way; OMG.
  • edited October 2010
    WayneBrady wrote: »
    I just made it my avatar.

Nice! :D
  • edited October 2010
    Gohaku wrote: »
    That, my friend, is exactly how that scene looks on my PS3. Everything about this game is enhanced by these rich textures. Or vice versa. Either way; OMG.

I took that on my PC. Yeah, it looks like that both ways. Are you sure you have your graphical quality turned up to 9 (or is it 10)?
  • edited October 2010
    I took that on my PC. Yeah, it looks like that both ways. Are you sure you have your graphical quality turned up to 9 (or is it 10)?

lol My crappy old card (Radeon X1300 or Onboard SiS crap) cant handle it above like 3, and even then there is some lag at times. When I finally get around to upgrading my card I'll try playing the series again on max quality.
  • edited October 2010
    Looks awesome! Were you asking me about my graphical quality turned up? I don't know. But the game gave me googly eyes at some points. I just stared at the screen thinking; with more animation, this could be a show.:eek:
    lol My crappy old card (Radeon X1300 or Onboard SiS crap) cant handle it above like 3, and even then there is some lag at times. When I finally get around to upgrading my card I'll try playing the series again on max quality.
    Max quality!;)

Sorry I couldn't resist.
  • edited October 2010
    Max quality!;)

Sorry I couldn't resist.

I wondered who would pick up on that pun :cool:
  • edited October 2010
    I wondered who would pick up on that pun :cool:

Nice one!
  • edited October 2010
    Nice one!

I don't get it. I just don't get it. I'm sorry, you need to explain that one to me.

(I'M KIDDING.)
  • edited October 2010
    @ Player_2

Oh you :D
  • edited October 2010
    (I'M KIDDING.)

When I first read that I was thinking "surely he didn't miss that... surely..." lol
  • edited October 2010
    When I first read that I was thinking "surely he didn't miss that... surely..." lol
    Did you imagine him answering: "I did miss that, and don't call me Shirley" in your mind too? :p
  • edited October 2010
    I'M A GIRL! :mad:

So I guess it's technically okay to be called Shirley, but...y'know. THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!!1eleventy!
  • edited October 2010

So I guess it's technically okay to be called Shirley, but...y'know. THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!!1eleventy!

(in Max's voice)I've always been told there were no girls on the internet, are you SUUUUURE your a girl?

lol. sorry, I had to say it (and in all honestly I really can see Max saying that). It's kinda hard to tell on a forum... maybe you need to talk more girly...?
  • edited October 2010
    Maybe Player2 could dot the i's with lovehearts.
  • edited October 2010
    Milkman08 wrote: »
    Did you imagine him answering: "I did miss that, and don't call me Shirley" in your mind too? :p

(in Max's voice)I've always been told there were no girls on the internet, are you SUUUUURE your a girl?

lol. sorry, I had to say it (and in all honestly I really can see Max saying that). It's kinda hard to tell on a forum... maybe you need to talk more girly...?

XD Player_2, relaaaaax ... it was just a reference to the movie Airplane! see this quote from it.

EDIT: My 200th post! now what do those kids on internet say when they get excit... oh, W00T!
    to celebrate, i'll change my avatar into ... a HD version of the same avatar! (talk about change huh? :D )
  • edited October 2010
    Milkman08 wrote: »
    XD Player_2, relaaaaax ... it was just a reference to the movie Airplane! see this quote from it.

EDIT: My 200th post! now what do those kids on internet say when they get excit... oh, W00T!
    to celebrate, i'll change my avatar into ... a HD version of the same avatar! (talk about change huh? :D )

Now I'm just plain offended. Do you honestly think I've never seen "Airplane!" before?!

But if it makes things easier for you, my good man, or woman, or hermaphrodite (see, this is me being politically correct here) I'll make more of an effort to talk like a girl when online.

"Tee-hee! Math is hard! Let's go shopping! :p"

TRANSLATION: I didn't even notice my own 200th post, and now I have over 300...wow, time sure flies...anyway, sure, why not. All of these kids themdays with their "Information Super Highways" tend to celebrate such accomplishments that way, so go ahead.
  • edited October 2010
    Now I'm just plain offended. Do you honestly think I've never seen "Airplane!" before?!
    LOL, do you really care what others think about you? :D
  • edited October 2010
    Of course not. I just do what everybody tells me in the hopes of feeling less insecure.

BUT WE ARE GETTING OFF TOPIC!

Erm...yeah, there were two endings...and...yeah.
  • edited October 2010

Pfft. Girls don't watch movies like that. They only watch Titanic, Twilight, and movies written by Nicholas Sparks. That is common knowledge. YOU HAVE EXPOSED YOUR TRUE IDENTITY, SIR.
  • edited October 2010
    I only watched the Rifftrax edition of Twilight...I'm sorry...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.