Adventure Bundle Installs

edited November 2010 in Game Support
I bought the Adventure Bundle and managed to download the installer. After downloading two different games (The Whispered World and Puzzle Agent), I get fails on the install on both of them, nearly right away. Apparently all the .dlls you can think of won't install properly. Is there something special I need to do here?

About my system: Running Windows 7 on a Mac, newly installed via bootcamp yesterday. I believe I've run all critical Win7 updates, and installed DirectX so the installer would run.

Ideas? Help, I'm so frustrated, and simultaneously excited to play these games. I installed dual boot for this specifically, so to have this kind of failure sucks. :(

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Have you tried running the Adventure Bundle downloader as Administrator (right click - run as administrator)?
  • edited October 2010
    Oh wow, I can tell I haven't used Windows in ages. That seems to have worked. Thanks!
  • edited October 2010
    I've tried the Administrator trick but the option isn't there on XP.

Any other suggestions?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2010
    CuttyDarke wrote: »
    I've tried the Administrator trick but the option isn't there on XP.

Any other suggestions?

It depends.
    Does the user you are logged in with have administrator privileges?
    Can you describe the problem in detail?
  • edited October 2010
    Similar problem here -- XP user w/Admin privileges, only after attempting to install Whispered World, it fails the installer check. Tried twice to be sure, but it just dumps me back to an NSIS error message with a URL to read more about it. Uninstalled for now, will redownload and try later.
  • edited November 2010
    Just for kicks, I re-downloaded the installer package again and loaded up Whispered World, but the install just hangs and still spits out the NSIS failure message. Good thing part of this purchase went to charity, or I'd be a little noisier about getting this fixed! How about a little help here, Telltale?
  • edited November 2010
    NSIS error means that the install package is corrupt try my repair files see http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19593
This discussion has been closed.