King's Quest from Bundle

edited November 2010 in Game Support
I bought the adventure bundle because I was hoping it fixed a problem King's quest 6 had. I own the original game and I bought the collection on disc when Sierra was selling it. No one was able to fix the graphic problem. On Windows 7, is there any way to get the high res mode to work for King's Quest 6? I can not stand the low res version that was meant for text only mode. I know the feature is in there but it is just tucked away where we can not get to it. Someone help me figure this out. I have tried both my original copy of KQ6, which I bought new back in the 90s, and the KQ collection and neither give that option on Windows 7 Home 64 bit. I am hoping I did not waste my money on the bundle because aside from the whispering world, the other stuff was bland and simple for adventure games, plus Penny Arcade Adventures has a mean bug with the barbershop quartet.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Could someone please help me out here?
  • edited November 2010
    2 magic words: SCUMM emulator. Look it up.
  • edited November 2010
    Actually the emulators do not let you run the classic KQ6 windows version of the game .... I think since the rereleases utilize DOSbox the only version you play is the DOS version... and that had lower res graphics and not the ones Jacinto was asking about.

The most noticeable difference in the two is during diologue once you get a flat looking sprite and in the other you get a more detailed version pictured below.. Its something I wished I knew how to get around as well..
    0.jpg
    kq65.jpg
This discussion has been closed.