sam and max with vista?

aslasl
edited March 2007 in Sam & Max
are sam and max episodes going to be compatible with windows vista? just curious.....

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Yeah. Most likely :)
  • MelMel
    edited January 2007
    I remember reading in another thread that Ep. 1 isn't (yet!) but the rest are. :)
  • edited January 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    I remember reading in another thread that Ep. 1 isn't (yet!) but the rest are. :)

That was a beta version of Vista, so it probably doesn't apply. Unless the poster somehow got his hands on the finished version back in December 2006... Back when Microsoft would've killed to be able to release it in time for the Christmas season...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    No, Mel is right, episode 1 currently doesn't work with Vista, but 2 and 3 do. We had a Vista beta in the office for a while, and it's also been confirmed by a few other people in the beta. This will be fixed soon.
  • edited January 2007
    Did they try compatibility mode for Ep 1? I am back in XP after having some problems with my network adapter in Vista, but I will be trying Vista again soon now that it is in "full" release form.
    edited January 2007
    The big problem is that Vista likes to screw with your hardware settings (especially network settings) every time you reboot, and this throws off our activation program from Episode 1, which thinks youre using a different computer each time you reboot, and locks the game down again. We changed how this works for episodes 2 and 3 so its not confused by Vista messing with your MAC address, but this hasn't been fixed in ep 1 yet.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    Also, I wouldn't try putting the game in compatibility mode. In XP, that messes a lot of things up, and I wouldn't be surprised if it did in Vista too.
  • edited January 2007
    Funny how it's the copy protection that's stopping the show, instead of the game itself.

I don't worry about it, though. 20 years from now we'll have TellTale Tool VM, which bypasses the copy protection, and lets us still enjoy your awesome games on our 3 Terahertz machines. ;)

--Erwin
  • edited January 2007
    Erwin wrote: »
    I don't worry about it, though. 20 years from now we'll have TellTale Tool VM, which bypasses the copy protection, and lets us still enjoy your awesome games on our 3 Terahertz machines. ;)

--Erwin

By then, we'll be jacking straight into the Matrix to play some Sam & Max.
  • edited January 2007
    I'd rather not be subjected to Max' insanety in that way. I don't think I'd survive the trip.

--Erwin
  • edited January 2007
    Erwin wrote: »
    Funny how it's the copy protection that's stopping the show, instead of the game itself.

--Erwin

The way things are going now, it would probably be on our 3 Tera-core machines!
  • BasBas
    edited February 2007
    Hey, good to hear that the new episodes work on Vista. It was annoying (but worth it) to keep rebooting back to XP. Seeing how I just finished installing and configuring Vista RTM, it looks like I'm just in time for episode 3.

Great work, guys and gals.
  • edited February 2007
    I managed to get the episode 1 demo working on vista. It totally doesn't work with UAC if you are not the administrative user. I tried compatibility mode, run as administrator etc. Nothing worked. I logged in as administrator and had zero problems running it! :)
  • edited February 2007
    Um... so, I just decided to try and get Culture Shock running in Vista, so I could maybe post a solution (like z600 did)... but it worked just fine. I just installed, launched, and had absolutely no problems. Not running as admin either. Anyone else having no problems?
    Vista Business, 2ghz Core Duo, GeForce Go 7900GS (laptop), 1 gig ram (must get more to satisfy Vista's hunger)

P.S. Only problem that did crop up is that I am getting the dreaded "Can't select above 1024x768" error that I never had until now, but I assume it is because of my new Vista compatible graphics card drivers.
  • edited February 2007
    Good to know I shouldn't have problems running Sam & Max on Vista, though I probably won't upgrade my current Windows XP until next year.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Culture Shock (the game itself) runs fine in Vista, the problem is that it deactivates every time you reboot.

z600, are you able to play the full version of the game even after a reboot, without reactivating it?
  • edited February 2007
    Ah, you would be correct. It is amazing how knowledgeable TTG employees are about their products :D
    edited February 2007
    Derwin wrote: »
    Ah, you would be correct. It is amazing how knowledgeable TTG employees are about their products :D

It's true, and thanks :) An unfortunate side effect of this attention to detail and helpfulness, though, is that product support issues, web updates, and finer game story points regularly infect our dreams. At least the web team. We have sadly swapped many stories over lunch about dreaming of support tickets and gameplay video uploads.
  • edited February 2007
    Just saw that the product info page auf Episode 1 says XP or Vista - is there a hidden Vista patch somewhere already or are you just kidding?:p
  • edited February 2007
    Have you clicked "warp speed" in the options screen?

:p
  • edited March 2007
    Played them all so far on Vista 32bit Ultimate and no issues on any of them so far, gg telltale
  • edited March 2007
    I use Vista Ultimate x64 (yeah, the 4gb ram are not for games. *g*)

Had no problems.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.