Forum Reorganization

edited December 2010 in Site Support
I only recently noticed the collapsed view of Wallace & Gromit, Bone, and Telltale Texas Hold'em, and while I can understand that there may be a desire to get them out of the way, I don't think completely collapsing them is the solution. I'd rather see the Hint forums converted into subforums of the main game forums, then the game forums placed directly under the Classics category. In fact, I'd like to see all the hint forums converted to subforums of their respective games.

Questions, comments, and snide remarks are encouraged.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    I'll take a look. Thanks for the feedback.
  • edited October 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I'll take a look. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the reply. :)
  • edited October 2010
    Just noticed this myself, and I just have to nitpick about it being called "The Classics" and "old". W&G is more recent than SBCG4AP, dagnabbit!
  • edited October 2010
    A forum recognition? For me? Oh, happy day! :D

Also. Anyone else notice that the changes to the forum pretty much discourage any hope of W&G, Bone, CSI, and TTTH from ever being sequal'd?
  • edited October 2010
    CSI isn't lumped with the other three, so it will probably get a sequel next year. And if Telltale doesn't feel like doing one, Ubi will just ask someone else to. But I agree about the other three.
  • edited October 2010
    Don't read too much into whether or not a series ends up in the 'classics' section. It's just a forum reorganization and not indicative of our plans.

Thank you for the feedback though! Seriously.
  • edited October 2010
    I don't know why, but I liked it better the old way...

Permission to chew up Sean about this?
  • edited November 2010
    I agree that collapsing the categories so that you can't see the latest posts in them is a bad move. Personally I only think you need three categories: Public House, Games (move the Hints into sub-boards) and Support. That'd probably look much neater.
  • edited November 2010
    Or user organizable.

I go to the ToMI forums the most often. I should be able to put it near the top, and others towards the bottom. Make it customizable. Sean. Get on that.
  • edited December 2010
    TomPravetz wrote: »
    Or user organizable.

I go to the ToMI forums the most often. I should be able to put it near the top, and others towards the bottom. Make it customizable. Sean. Get on that.

You can Subscribe to an entire sub-forum category just the way you can subscribe to a thread. Just go to the TOMI forum, and click where it says "Forum Tools" in the upper right corner of the forum area. Then click subscribe to forum. Then when you click on your "User CP" it will list your subscribed forums just below all your active subscribed threads. I usually go to my User CP first when I log into the forums so I can see if there is activity in any threads I have responded to. And then, the forums I want to view most often will be listed right below that. So, in a way you can create your own custom view of the forums already.
This discussion has been closed.