Look at this image I found!

edited October 2010 in Sam & Max
b06.jpg

Maybe Dave Purcell saw this and got inspired.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    So that's where Dave Purcell got the idea for Pac-Man!
  • edited October 2010
    So that's where Dave Purcell got the idea for Pac-Man!

Haha, maybe. But I was talking about Count Chocula.
  • edited October 2010
    hehe the match is more then a match for the forest.
  • edited October 2010
    So Sam hates being called McGruff because he actually IS McGruff, and Max became insanely psychotic because of those damn kids torturing him by never letting him have any Trix. It all makes sense now..
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    I wonder if in modern renderings they still draw McGruff's dog chest hair spilling out over his jacket collar.
  • edited October 2010
    No, I think it became Max after finally getting his hand on the most sugary cereal ever.
  • edited October 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I wonder if in modern renderings they still draw McGruff's dog chest hair spilling out over his jacket collar.

I'm just concerned about the fact that you even noticed that.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh, it's just the crew from the Sam & Max games with their makeup off at the end.
    • McGruff = Sam
    • Trix Rabbit = Max
    • Frankenberry = Monster from Season 2
    • Bird in the corner whose cereal I forget = One of the petroglyphs from 302
    • Booberry ghost = Momma Bosco
    • Count Chocula = Jurgen
    • Lucky Charms leprechaun = Could be Hugh Bliss (that rainbow thing), or looks like one of the Soda Poppers (hope that didn't ruin anyone's breakfast!)
    • Pac-Man = One of the C.O.P.S. (I'm not saying which)

Now you know why Telltale's makeup budget is so expensive!
  • edited October 2010
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    Bird in the corner whose cereal I forget = One of the petroglyphs from 302

That's Sonny, the Cocoa Puffs bird.

He's cursed to be cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs....FOR ETERNITY! HAHAHAHAHA!
  • edited October 2010
    Scnew wrote: »
    I'm just concerned about the fact that you even noticed that.

You'll be glad to know that they don't render the dog chest hair any more. McGruff's trenchcoat is buttoned all the way up to the callor. He still has the up-turned callor, too.
  • edited October 2010

I think its just poor shading
  • edited October 2010
    I thought the steam blower on the side of frankenberrys head was just McGruffs weird and feeble mouth at first what is going on in this picture
  • edited October 2010

I think he looks better that way, though the 'look' of spilling chesthair (or in this case, chest-fur) is kinda dated...

I don't know the two timelines, but thinks like this make me ask is, quite seriously, If Sam really *is* modeled after McGruff... (after all, iirc Dave invented the characters as a kid, and McGruff *IS* targeted at kids, so...)

If Dave/Steve already said this is the case somewhere, I missed it, so my appologies.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.